Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Thought I'd add my bit about OCM. I love it. My skin feels remarkably clean afterwards, and all the massage (I do it with a vaculifter) can only bring benefits.

I will say that first one side of my cheek got some terrible acne (I've never had pimples there before), and then cleared up and looks better than ever, then the other side broke out, and is almost better now. I was very strange, like all these blockages moved to the surface, and then cleared out. I didn't lose hope that it was helping though, as I'd read so much about it here.

My pores are looking smaller and my skin just feels more healthy.
LLucy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:

My pores are looking smaller and my skin just feels more healthy.

I've been doing it for a year now and that has been my experience with it. No line reduction, but smaller pores, and skin that feels smoother and healthier. I take comfort in that.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Before using OCM my skin used to constantly break out. I think it was because my makeup was never removed properly - even though I used scrubs and exfoliators. OCM is definitely the best way to remove makeup and sunscreen - and I agree with the comments on pores looking more refined, it's certainly improved the look of mine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
irunchik wrote:
Miss Tina wrote:
Ha ha! Laughing I know! I try to debunk these beauty regimens and just end up a believer....in a few methods.

The Clarisonic is my new HG! That thing is amazing! I am off my Retin A because of it!

OCM....HG for my husbands nose!

Miss Tina, so what is proportion you used for castor and jojoba oil? I even tried 50/50 and my blackheads are still there Sad maybe I should give this clarisonic a go...

If I remember, it was 40% Caster, 10% Chammomile for calming and 50% Jojoba. Somewhere in that range.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
OK, I just HAVE to share this. This method is eliminating some of my fine lines!!!! Some of you have seen my pic with no make up on and you know I have a lot of freckles (the Irish root). Those freckles have camoflaged some of my occluded pores which have turned into short, fine lies. I have been getting the gunk out of those pores with a QTip and the castor oil mix and the lines have been healing up, completely flat! It's time consuming, but with a magnifying mirror I do this in front of the TV. I must be getting decades of dirt out of those pores!

I had been noticing these lines within the past 4 mos or so. I didn't know the cause was occluded pores!

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
That's crazy inky! I've seen your picture, and was shocked that you said you're 50, and yet you truly look facially closer to a young 30. And this is from someone who has a bit of loathing for all the praise that goes on whenever someone shows a picture of themselves. It's hard to believe there's any impurities in that fine white skin, but believe I do, after my experience.

Now that the acne outbreak I had is clear (and this has taken a month!), my skin seems to be that of another person. I never had acne before, but am prone to getting at least a couple of pimples at period time and despite years as an aesthetician and trying everything under the sun, I had a problem with blocked pores and generally dull looking skin. As I have been getting older, the blocked pores were migrating from my nose out onto the surrounding skin, making the texture of my skin orange peely with seemingly nothing to be done for it (I tried!!). Suddenly about 7 weeks into OCM, the blockages are disapearing, my skin is finer, the texture is dramatically improved, and if I do have a blackhead, it just slides out with a bit of pressure (before I'd cause a pimple and break the skin, taking a week to heal).

It's pretty shocking that all the time my aversion to oil (typical oily persons reaction), was what was causing my skin to suffer. I'd heard for years the old 'oil dissolves oil' thing, heck, I learned it in college, but the difference is astounding. I don't think it would be the same with cream cleanser, of anything with emulsifiers in it. The OCM method doesn't strip the skin allowing it to balance out.

I would recommend this method of cleansing to everyone. Try it! Give it some time. Get yourself a vaculifter if you really want to enjoy the process. What get's lifted out is amazing, and it feels great!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Before using OCM my skin used to constantly break out. I think it was because my makeup was never removed properly - even though I used scrubs and exfoliators. OCM is definitely the best way to remove makeup and sunscreen - and I agree with the comments on pores looking more refined, it's certainly improved the look of mine.

Hi Keliu - what combination do you use for OCM? I've been using Karin Herzog professional cleanser which is oil-based but I think I can save a lot of cash by using an at-home OCM method? Will you share yours? Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Keliu - what combination do you use for OCM? I've been using Karin Herzog professional cleanser which is oil-based but I think I can save a lot of cash by using an at-home OCM method? Will you share yours? Thanks

I use 50/50 Castor Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Some people find Castor Oil to be too drying for the skin but it doesn't seem to worry me - if it concerns you, just use less.

You will certainly save yourself allot of cash by making your own cleanser - it's the best thing I've ever done for my skin (and my daughter's). I suggest you also try making an Apple Cider Vinegar Toner too - more money saved and it refines pores like nothing else. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I use 50/50 Castor Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Some people find Castor Oil to be too drying for the skin but it doesn't seem to worry me - if it concerns you, just use less.

You will certainly save yourself allot of cash by making your own cleanser - it's the best thing I've ever done for my skin (and my daughter's). I suggest you also try making an Apple Cider Vinegar Toner too - more money saved and it refines pores like nothing else. Very Happy

You know, it seems like Apple Cider Vinegar would be very acidic and hard on your face.

Just sayin...

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
You know, it seems like Apple Cider Vinegar would be very acidic and hard on your face.

Just do a Google search on Apple Cider Vinegar Toner and you will discover all the benefits it has. But you don't apply it straight to the face, it must be diluted with water. I also add Aspirin (Salicylic Acid) to my version which also helps to clean out and diminish pores.

Also see here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5419&highlight=apple+cider+vinegar

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

Just do a Google search on Apple Cider Vinegar Toner and you will discover all the benefits it has. But you don't apply it straight to the face, it must be diluted with water. I also add Aspirin (Salicylic Acid) to my version which also helps to clean out and diminish pores.

Also see here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5419&highlight=apple+cider+vinegar

Keliu,

I've never used toner before because my skin is so dry, but after reading the thread you provided I am definitely going to have to give this a try. Hearty thanks on ya!

I've also been meaning to look up the pearl paste mask again. I didn't save it for reference and I think it would work well with the toner.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
I've also been meaning to look up the pearl paste mask again. I didn't save it for reference and I think it would work well with the toner.

Recipe for toner:
100ml Distilled Water
4 uncoated Aspirin
100ml Apple Cider Vinegar
few drops Lemon Essential Oil

Dissolve Aspirin in water, microwave on medium for minute or two to fully dissolve. Add ACV and couple drops of Lemon Oil to take away smell. Lemon is also good for diminishing pores.

Haven't tried the pearl paste mask but the other night I made a mask from egg yolks and sugar and thought it was great. It sets on your face like glue and isn't sticky at all. Eggs are rich in protein albumin, rich in amino acids that tone the skin and smooth out the fine lines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

Recipe for toner:
100ml Distilled Water
4 uncoated Aspirin
100ml Apple Cider Vinegar
few drops Lemon Essential Oil

Dissolve Aspirin in water, microwave on medium for minute or two to fully dissolve. Add ACV and couple drops of Lemon Oil to take away smell. Lemon is also good for diminishing pores.

Haven't tried the pearl paste mask but the other night I made a mask from egg yolks and sugar and thought it was great. It sets on your face like glue and isn't sticky at all. Eggs are rich in protein albumin, rich in amino acids that tone the skin and smooth out the fine lines.

Cool! Thank you!

Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am loving the OCM. So, I just had my first period with no breakouts! Yeyyyy!

I am currently on my fourth day of doing an at-home TCA peel. I was thinking of using this method to cleanse my face right now because the fresh skin is here but there are a few pieces here and there that I am waiting to come off. I don't want to be too harsh to my skin and want to allow my face to balance out. It has gone through hell lately!

What do you guys think? I have been using my Cetaphyl which I praise however, think that I need to go with something a little lighter for a few more days.

BTW, I don't mean to hijack this thread. I will be returning to my own thread about my acne issues.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
ChelseaaaHi wrote:
So correct me if I'm wrong:
-the castor oil MUST be cold-pressed and this can
be purchased in your health foods store, online?

When you dilute the castor oil does it need to be diluted with a "carrier oil" or it can just be diluted with jojoba oil to your skin's needs?

Jojoba oil is a carrier oil.
Castor alone may be very drying.
Castor needs to be cold pressed and the non-toxic kind - most places like health food stores carry the right type.
NDA carries it too, and I believe they have organic as well.

Oh, and irunchik, nothing happens overnight, and while castor oil is a good cleansing oil, it's actually the oil that removes/pushes the blackheads, so increasing the percentage of castor in your mix may not necessarily achieve your goal. You might want to try and switch the second oil e.g. from olive to jojoba, or a mix of hazelnut and jojoba - until you find what works for you
irunchik
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
ChelseaaaHi wrote:
So correct me if I'm wrong:
-the castor oil MUST be cold-pressed and this can
be purchased in your health foods store, online?

When you dilute the castor oil does it need to be diluted with a "carrier oil" or it can just be diluted with jojoba oil to your skin's needs?

Jojoba oil is a carrier oil.
Castor alone may be very drying.
Castor needs to be cold pressed and the non-toxic kind - most places like health food stores carry the right type.
NDA carries it too, and I believe they have organic as well.

Oh, and irunchik, nothing happens overnight, and while castor oil is a good cleansing oil, it's actually the oil that removes/pushes the blackheads, so increasing the percentage of castor in your mix may not necessarily achieve your goal. You might want to try and switch the second oil e.g. from olive to jojoba, or a mix of hazelnut and jojoba - until you find what works for you

thank you! I will try grape seed oil tonight ( as I tried jojoba and nothing) so will report back Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Different carrier oils have different properties, if you find out more about each individual oil you will be more able to make an educated choice of oil rather than trial and error.

Some oils may not be as good as others for oily skin. The same NDA carries a lot of books on aromatherapy and oils, amazon has lots too.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I am still confused about the OCM. I tried reading some of the posts, but it did not answer all my questions, so pardon me if it has been asked before.

So I mix oils together according to my skin type and then just massage them on my face using my fingers for 7-10 minutes? I then use a hot washcloth to remove the rest? Do you ladies do this twice or once a day? Also, what oils do you recommend for anti-aging? I'm assuming grape oil will be one. Thanks in advance!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
Thought I'd add my bit about OCM. I love it. My skin feels remarkably clean afterwards, and all the massage (I do it with a vaculifter) can only bring benefits.

Trigger,
What vaculifter do you use to do this and would you say it is better than using your hands manually?
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

here you can see instructions on the method.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

here you can see instructions on the method.

Thanks a lot!
Laura222
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I read this entire thread and was fascinated as I'd never really heard much about OCM. I brought it up at work and my boss was inspired to do a little research on it and she posted in on our site.
Castor oil is cleansing because it's 95% ricinoleic acid and it's cleansing qualities due to “membrane-disruptive effects of detergent-like molecules, such as sodium ricinoleate (a ’soap‘)”. So be careful, since it's helping whatever you mix in and follow it up with to penetrate your skin.

And, and side note, the seeds that produce castor oil are toxic because they contain Ricin and are frequently harmful to the people in Brazil and India who harvest them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Laura222 wrote:
I read this entire thread and was fascinated as I'd never really heard much about OCM. I brought it up at work and my boss was inspired to do a little research on it and she posted in on our site.
Castor oil is cleansing because it's 95% ricinoleic acid and it's cleansing qualities due to “membrane-disruptive effects of detergent-like molecules, such as sodium ricinoleate (a ’soap‘)”. So be careful, since it's helping whatever you mix in and follow it up with to penetrate your skin.

And, and side note, the seeds that produce castor oil are toxic because they contain Ricin and are frequently harmful to the people in Brazil and India who harvest them.

Where is your website?

I understand that castor oil has detoxifying effects. Castor oil packs are used to do things like detox your liver. It's called the 'Palm of Christ' because of its healing qualities.

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/dietarytherapy/a/CastorOilPack.htm

What is a Castor Oil Pack?
A castor oil pack involves the use of cloth soaked in castor oil which is placed on the skin. It's used by some alternative practitioners to enhance circulation and to promote the healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin. Alternative practitioners also use it to improve liver function, relieve pain, reduce inflammation and to improve digestion.

How is a Castor Oil Pack Made?
Castor oil packs are made by soaking a piece of flannel in castor oil and placing it on the skin. The flannel is covered with a sheet of plastic, and then a hot water bottle is placed over the plastic to heat the pack.

A castor oil pack can be placed on the following body regions:

The right side of the abdomen. Castor oil packs are sometimes recommended by alternative practitioners as part of a liver detox program.

Inflamed and swollen joints, bursitis, and muscle strains.

The abdomen to relieve constipation and other digestive disorders.

The lower abdomen in cases of menstrual irregularities and uterine and ovarian cysts.

Safety
Castor oil should not be taken internally. It should not be applied to broken skin. It should not be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or during menstruation.

Materials
Three layers of undyed wool or cotton flannel large enough to cover the affected area

Castor oil

Plastic wrap cut one to two inches larger than the flannel (can be cut from a plastic bag)

Hot water bottle

Container with lid

Old clothes and sheets. Castor oil will stain clothing and bedding.

Method
1. Place the flannel in the container. Soak it in castor oil so that it is saturated, but not dripping.

2. Place the pack over the affected body part.

3. Cover with plastic.

4. Place the hot water bottle over the pack. Leave it on for 45-60 minutes. Rest while the pack is in place.

5. After removing the pack, cleanse the area with a dilute solution of water and baking soda.

6. Store the pack in the covered container in the refrigerator. Each pack may be reused up to 25-30 times.

Laura222
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Inky, it's definitely detoxifying once the oil has been pressed from the seeds. Funny how something toxic becomes detoxifying after it's processed!
I am one of the people who works for Truth In Aging. The boss, Marta, is the one who got curious about the properties of Castor Oil because of its use in OCM.
It's a powerful antibacterial and has historically been used as a contraceptive gel!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Laura222 wrote:
Inky, it's definitely detoxifying once the oil has been pressed from the seeds. Funny how something toxic becomes detoxifying after it's processed!
I am one of the people who works for Truth In Aging. The boss, Marta, is the one who got curious about the properties of Castor Oil because of its use in OCM.
It's a powerful antibacterial and has historically been used as a contraceptive gel!

Laura, honey,

GIVE ME THE LINK TO YOUR SITE. Laughing

hee hee.

Inky

System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |