Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:55 am      Reply with quote
So i figured out that yes you can use jojoba with castor oil. So yesterday was my first day and i'm loving it! I will keep updates on any changes i see in my skin!

I was also thinking that steaming might not always be the best option for some. But what I have found was helpful was soaking a cloth in warm water and putting it in the microwave for 25 seconds. I know they do this for hot shaves- and works great for the skin because the heat stays in the cloth for MUCH longer then just regularly adding hot water to the cloth.

cortigirl wrote:
Can you use Jojoba oil mixed with castor oil to wash- then a little jojoba as a moisturizer after?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
You did answer your own question! Smile There are some who also use the mixture of Jojoba and Castor Oil with great results! My thought is as long as your skin and you are happy with your mix go for it!
I just use a wash cloth and hot (super warm) water at the sink, but your idea of using the microwave sounds like a plan too. I just really love what this cleansing method does for my skin and the added circulation from massage is great for that glow. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Darkmoon,

I have been mixing it with castor oil as well Smile I am on day 2 and love the results i'm getting. I have combination skin with lots of blackheads and pores...so i'll update on how that ends up!!

DarkMoon wrote:
You did answer your own question! Smile There are some who also use the mixture of Jojoba and Castor Oil with great results! My thought is as long as your skin and you are happy with your mix go for it!
I just use a wash cloth and hot (super warm) water at the sink, but your idea of using the microwave sounds like a plan too. I just really love what this cleansing method does for my skin and the added circulation from massage is great for that glow. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Darkmoon,

I have been mixing it with castor oil as well Smile I am on day 2 and love the results i'm getting. I have combination skin with lots of blackheads and pores...so i'll update on how that ends up!!

DarkMoon wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
cortigirl,

Good luck with it, I think you will continue to love it! Just don't get discouraged if you do have some breaking out, it's almost always a temporary thing and too many give up before they get that great clear skin that OCM will give if you stick it out! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Oh for sure! I actually LOVE when i break out, it means whatever i'm doing is working!! I find it funny when people complain about a tiny bit of acne. I used to have it all over my face where there wasn't a smooth part of my skin available! It was such a horrible experience.

DarkMoon wrote:
cortigirl,

Good luck with it, I think you will continue to love it! Just don't get discouraged if you do have some breaking out, it's almost always a temporary thing and too many give up before they get that great clear skin that OCM will give if you stick it out! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
cortigirl,

One of my sons had horrible acne, mostly because of meds he has to take, and he did this broke out worse for a short while but it really cleared his skin wonderfully! He is using the method still 4-5 years later and loves it! I think it just scares some to have that initial period of break outs and they stop! Smile Great that you see the positive in getting the "gunk" out! Smile

5% products discount

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this website and have spent the last month reading all the forums. My husband thinks I'm nuts because our bathroom has become a science lab. Out of all the things I've tried, my favorite is OCM. My skin is softer with noticibly smaller pores. I have had several people comment on how my skin just glows. I recently tried using St. Ives peach scrub first and then the OCM and it did wonders. I had so much stuff coming out of my pores that I didn't want to stop. I now have my two teenage daughters doing it and they have had fewer and few breakouts. Thanks to everyone for all the great advice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
CBayne245 wrote:
I'm new to this website and have spent the last month reading all the forums. My husband thinks I'm nuts because our bathroom has become a science lab. Out of all the things I've tried, my favorite is OCM. My skin is softer with noticibly smaller pores. I have had several people comment on how my skin just glows. I recently tried using St. Ives peach scrub first and then the OCM and it did wonders. I had so much stuff coming out of my pores that I didn't want to stop. I now have my two teenage daughters doing it and they have had fewer and few breakouts. Thanks to everyone for all the great advice.

Welcome to the nut house! Smile Joking!
It's a great forum. Great to hear it's doing wonders for you and your daughters! 3 out of four grown kids of mine use and love OCM, there has to be one rebel son! Laughing I and many members swear by it and have the glow to show for it! Great to have you here! Smile

5% products discount

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I read this thread almost a week ago, and became intrigued enough to employ this method. Laughing I have blackheads on my nose I want to get rid of, but it is a difficult process (those nose strips never worked for me). I don't have any castor oil, so initially, I used extra virgin olive oil and emu oil. The first time I used it, a lot of sebum came out. When I would massage it, I could feel a grittiness under my fingers, especially around the sides of my chin and on my cheeks.

I used it again the next day, this time using rosehip oil mixed with emu oil. More grittiness, but less than the day before. I let the oil just sit for four minutes to soften the skin, before continuing with massage. My skin definitely felt softer, no doubt about that. I also encouraged my younger sister to use this method, too. She has bad acne, and although she only used it once, I noticed that it cleared out her old blemishes significantly (they didn't look so angry and red, and her skin was not as dry as it usually looks).

I find that the blackheads on my nose are still there, but they are less darker, and the pores appeared to shrink. I suppose than that some of the blackheads did get out, but I still have some way to go. My next step is to get my hands on some castor oil, since it appears this works the best with this method.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Foxglove Smile

It's great to see so many happy users here enjoying the benefits of OCM. Smile You should be able to find cold pressed Castor Oil in any health food store, if not it's at the drug or grocery store with the laxatives. It does help really get deep into the pores to loosen and clean out the blackheads and any dirt/sebum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I gotta report... I just LOVE this method. LOVE...LOVE...LOVE it...

I was sent an oil combo as a gift so haven't really bothered with my own mix. The smell is heaven, the results... AWESOME!

Thanks for all the info!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
I gotta report... I just LOVE this method. LOVE...LOVE...LOVE it...

I was sent an oil combo as a gift so haven't really bothered with my own mix. The smell is heaven, the results... AWESOME!

Thanks for all the info!

I've been at it for years and just can't imagine going without! That's awesome you are loving it Claudia! Smile

5% products discount

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Welcome Foxglove Smile

It's great to see so many happy users here enjoying the benefits of OCM. Smile You should be able to find cold pressed Castor Oil in any health food store, if not it's at the drug or grocery store with the laxatives. It does help really get deep into the pores to loosen and clean out the blackheads and any dirt/sebum.

Thank you. I'll make a point of visiting the health food store to see if they carry it (I'm sure they must). It will finally be nice to have clear skin. Smile
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Sooooo...new stuff normally for me MAY cause my skin to break out in a rash. My skin is highly sensitive...so i usually need to be careful. For the first time i can actually say i am SOOO impressed with OCM. Not only does my skin looks clear of clogged pores, but haven't broken out, haven't had a rash, my skin is the best it's ever been in my life. This is saying a lot, as i usually spend a lot of money on products! Let alone facials...with this type of skin regime i wouldn't even need facials! My skin looks better now then it did even after getting one done!

Anyways i'll keep updating.... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:
Sooooo...new stuff normally for me MAY cause my skin to break out in a rash. My skin is highly sensitive...so i usually need to be careful. For the first time i can actually say i am SOOO impressed with OCM. Not only does my skin looks clear of clogged pores, but haven't broken out, haven't had a rash, my skin is the best it's ever been in my life. This is saying a lot, as i usually spend a lot of money on products! Let alone facials...with this type of skin regime i wouldn't even need facials! My skin looks better now then it did even after getting one done!

Anyways i'll keep updating.... Smile

That's so great to hear and I am just thrilled for you feeling so good about your skin! Smile Smile Smile Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for such an informative thread. I tried OCM years ago and don't recall why I didn't continue it - probably laziness!

Anyway, about a month ago I became completely fed up with my skin. I had more zits that I'd had in my life and it seemed nothing I did made it better. I had flaky rough skin that drove me crazy. I was miserable in my own skin. I've never had skin problems like I'd had over the past few years and it's hard to go from "oh my god your skin is gorgeous!" to "what happened to your face?"

I began to wonder if we (society as whole) was killing our skin by doing so much to it. As a result and because I didn't have anything working at the moment, I gave up skincare.

I completely stopped moisturizing and went to washing with a mild cleanser every couple of days. I rinsed once daily with warm water and toweled off my face (for a little exfoliation, I couldn't help it ...).

Within 3 days all the zits were gone, all the redness was gone, the rough/flakies were still present but the toweling kept most of them clear.

I hate when I'm right sometimes! But, I admit now and forevermore to being addicted to skincare.

I came across OCM again when researching why I now have age spots (hyperpigmentation) on the side of my eyes and my forehead. Castor oil is apparently very effective at fading age spots and I thought I'd give that a shot. I also wanted to eliminate those last lingering issues of flaky and rough skin.

I picked up castor oil and jojoba last night and made a mix of 25% CO and 75% JO and didn't spent a large amount of time massaging but felt the rough gritty texture (which was odd) as I massaged. My skin felt smooth afterwards - far more than when I'd regularly used exfoliating products or my Clarisonic.

I applied a little castor oil straight on the age spots after the OCM and there were no adverse reactions.

Today, a rinse in the morning and my skin still looks bright, clear and smooth. Sweet.

I'm not wanting to give in to overkill so I'll do this every other day for awhile and see how it goes. I will be applying the CO separately since that's a major focus for me in addition to the smoother skin.

Thanks again for the info! I'll be keeping a close eye on my age spots as this progresses.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been cleaning my face with Jojoba, Avocado and Emu every night and yes!!! my skin is not dry anymore. I think I will do this forever; much cheaper and better!

I just regret I did not try this waaaaay earlier!
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
As an update, I've been cleaning my face with jojoba every other day and it looks gorgeous. My age spots are slightly diminishing (or so they appear!) but the best part is just how bright and clear my skin is.

If I have a little dryness, a dab of jojoba clears it up.

I am not using the castor oil right now because I was traveling and wanted to simplify things. I figured the single oil was a best option and it's been great.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've not read this thread at all, but just offering a good mix that has worked well for my 60 year old face. (I only do this when I have time which is maybe once a week.)

I make a batch in a 4oz container as follows:

1oz Grapeseed Oil
1oz Macadamia Oil
1oz Cold Pressed Avocado Oil
1/2 oz Jojoba Oil
1/2 oz EVOO

Personally the castor oil is too much for me, but it can easily replace the EVOO in the above, for those who prefer it.

I also don't hesitate to throw a little Retinyl Palmitate and Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate in mine, but that's just me... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I can't stop singing the praises of OCM. Very Happy thank you Darkmoon for walking others through the process...I just rode the coat tails.

The first couple of days my skin had a riot. YUCK,....but that was quickly calmed with Kaolin Clay mixed with sandalwood, frankincense and myrrh powder mask..with...you guessed it ASPIRIN mixed with milk. Just *WOW* Have since added Bentonite to that mix...and double whammy for oily skin...It actually was Dry!!!

In the AM under sunscreen goes my Vit C serum, thank you to the ladies here that critiqued my recipe and gave me suggestions on how to improve it.

The tiny fine lines / budding crows feet are gone, Smile along with the fine lines that were making their hideous presence known on my forehead. Re: Acne...not much there. Retin A on the nasties clears those up pretty much over night and I no longer need to slather it all over my face for that!!!

This forum just ROCKS and I so appreciate all the helpful feedback and advice offered here.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am gonna to make a mix and wonder if any OCM DIYers here has added any emulsifiers into you recipe so as to make the oil to be easily rinsed off.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:05 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I am gonna to make a mix and wonder if any OCM DIYers here has added any emulsifiers into you recipe so as to make the oil to be easily rinsed off.

I wouldn't. The whole point of OCM is that it's so pure and simple - oil cleanses oil. Plus, I never have a problem rinsing it off - I do so in the shower so there's a continual supply of water. However, if you are worried about any oily residue, just use a vinegar and water toner afterwards.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I would love to give this a try too. I had an olive oil cleanser from GOW but stopped. I have some crow's feet, noticeable pores and oily sensitive skin. Is there a mixture that might be beneficial for skin like mine? I would love to make it out to the car from the house in the mornings and not look like an oil slick already. I'm hoping whatever I use can diminish this, thanks for any help!
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Since it doesn't look like I can edit my post, I would like to add that's it's prone to break outs and has some redness to it....sounds lovely, huh?!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |