Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SoCalGal,

Thx for sharing your experience and thoughts!

Yesterday, I changed my regime a bit in the morning and added putting Lascal Serum (from Skin Biology) after cleansing and before sunscreen.

In the evening when I cleansed with oil, not many grains of sand had come out. Voila! I think I will keep using AHA/BHA if they could improved this issue.
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Do you guys use mud once a week? I want it to arrive now darn weekend Wink
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi SoCalGal,

Thx for sharing your experience and thoughts!

Yesterday, I changed my regime a bit in the morning and added putting Lascal Serum (from Skin Biology) after cleansing and before sunscreen.

In the evening when I cleansed with oil, not many grains of sand had come out. Voila! I think I will keep using AHA/BHA if they could improved this issue.

Great! It sounds like you're in the maintenance phase. Do you like the changes in your skin?
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Do you guys use mud once a week? I want it to arrive now darn weekend Wink

Hi MP, yes, even I who loves excess, only use it once a week. It's good for the body too. It made a nice change in the skin on my arms, which are very dry.

I hope it arrives soon!
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Haha I love excess too Embarassed

Once a week is good.
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Haha I love excess too Embarassed

Once a week is good.

"Nothing exceeds like excess." Right? My personal motto.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
SoCalGal wrote:
......Do you like the changes in your skin?

SoCalGal,

I do.

I did not put any AHA/BHA liquid on my face this morning.

When I returned home tonight & cleansed with oil, I found that I did need more time to cleanse my face and have the dirt and grains of sand come off.

Thus, I believe that the AHA/BHA helps me a lot.
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
SoCalGal wrote:
......Do you like the changes in your skin?

SoCalGal,

I do.

I did not put any AHA/BHA liquid on my face this morning.

When I returned home tonight & cleansed with oil, I found that I did need more time to cleanse my face and have the dirt and grains of sand come off.

Thus, I believe that the AHA/BHA helps me a lot.

Summer, that is great! I'm glad you're finding what works best for you.
SG
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
My mud has been mailed Smile Should be here for friday!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
My mud has been mailed Smile Should be here for friday!

LOL I suppose we may grow older but it seems we never outgrow playing with mud-pies! Have fun MafiaPrincess. Bad Grin Bad Grin

5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I need to re-find the want for mud pies Wink

I've tried a few clay masks in my adult life but never thought they were doing anything for me. Possibly because I never kept up with it long enough, possibly because it wasn't good enough product.

My face seems to look better.. The 'worse' side is clearer.. still bumpy but smaller bumps. We are getting somewhere. Just one long purge.

I feel good that the gunk is coming out but a little disgusted that all this time when my face felt good and acne free that all this nasty was still underneath. No wonder for constant eruptions. Always only one or two at a time but constant..

Still forsee a few more months of this, but it's coming along.
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
I need to re-find the want for mud pies Wink

I've tried a few clay masks in my adult life but never thought they were doing anything for me. Possibly because I never kept up with it long enough, possibly because it wasn't good enough product.

My face seems to look better.. The 'worse' side is clearer.. still bumpy but smaller bumps. We are getting somewhere. Just one long purge.

I feel good that the gunk is coming out but a little disgusted that all this time when my face felt good and acne free that all this nasty was still underneath. No wonder for constant eruptions. Always only one or two at a time but constant..

Still forsee a few more months of this, but it's coming along.

Hi Mafia Princess, I am right there with you - feeling grosed out that all that STUFF was in my skin!!!
I think you'll see an immediate difference with this mud - I hope so anyway!
Come on Friday!
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
My mud hasn't moved. Tracker showed it dropped off at the post office yesterday and still shows it there tonight. Sad

I'm thrilled gunk is coming out.. and repulsed that there's so much more to come out.. The cystic bumps are dying down but white heads are appearing.. Black heads are becoming fewer and staying that way..

Sadly an area will clear, and then will have a smaller flare up than the massive purge. It's upsetting that there's this much ick in my skin..

So I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for face cleaning on the fly.. I oil cleanse every night.. but I hit the gym mid day while at college 5 days a week. I feel gross post work out and sadly often have class so close together I can't shower. Any suggestions on what I can use quickly for icky face?

Back before OCM I'd use one of those toner pads. I have some left over, they are alcohol based and super drying. I really can't OCM at the sink.. lack of time and sink space.. Help?
I've been using water on a paper towel but it's not feeling like it is doing much. Maybe this is the best option anyhow?
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
My mud hasn't moved. Tracker showed it dropped off at the post office yesterday and still shows it there tonight. Sad

I'm thrilled gunk is coming out.. and repulsed that there's so much more to come out.. The cystic bumps are dying down but white heads are appearing.. Black heads are becoming fewer and staying that way..

Sadly an area will clear, and then will have a smaller flare up than the massive purge. It's upsetting that there's this much ick in my skin..

So I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for face cleaning on the fly.. I oil cleanse every night.. but I hit the gym mid day while at college 5 days a week. I feel gross post work out and sadly often have class so close together I can't shower. Any suggestions on what I can use quickly for icky face?

Back before OCM I'd use one of those toner pads. I have some left over, they are alcohol based and super drying. I really can't OCM at the sink.. lack of time and sink space.. Help?
I've been using water on a paper towel but it's not feeling like it is doing much. Maybe this is the best option anyhow?

I would try a gentle all natural cleanser. I found Zum Gentle Face Wash by Wild Indigo on SoapHope.com and it is just an oil cocktail (OO, Coconut, Castor and Jojoa in that order) mixed with an emulsifier so that I can do an 'oil' cleansing that washes right off.
From the drugstore, Burt's Bees or KissMyFace come to mind.
I still get the occasional under-the-skin white head (ie not deep) that I can extract very easilty without leaving a mark. I think that is a sign that they gunk is not down IN the pores anymore, but yes, I had a heck of a purge too - 2 months, and I still have one spot under my chin (it's always under my chin) that is bringing up stuff.
The really GOOD news is that once the purge is over, it is over and you will be ahead of the gunk from then on.
Can you stop off at the PO and ASK for your package? My mailperson is lazy I think: one day I got 10 packages some pending for a week!!!
Still wishing for great successs for you!
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sadly it's still in British Columbia stalled out and not moving.. I'm in Ontario Sad

I hope that they simply forgot to scan it and that it's somewhere near Ontario by now...

Thank you for the suggestions I shall see what I can find. The sweaty post gym face is kinda gross..

I am a sadly die hard face poker.. I am getting better.. I spend less time at it and quit harassing things not ready to leave. I now notice that some gunk is pretty easy going and wants to be extracted without a fuss. It's nice to hear that I am getting somewhere.

I think if I could lay off touching my face for a few weeks I'd at least lose most of the redness.. but it's been too many years harassing what used to be the never ending blackheads.. it'll take a while to break the habit as weird as it is.

The unaffected skin now feels nice and smooth.. I can see the end goal Smile It's just a ways off still. I'll be thrilled when it's over.. it's just been a bad way to start a new school and meet people. Shoots your confidence down a little with the most massive acne I've ever had going on..
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Sadly it's still in British Columbia stalled out and not moving.. I'm in Ontario Sad

I hope that they simply forgot to scan it and that it's somewhere near Ontario by now...

Thank you for the suggestions I shall see what I can find. The sweaty post gym face is kinda gross..

I am a sadly die hard face poker.. I am getting better.. I spend less time at it and quit harassing things not ready to leave. I now notice that some gunk is pretty easy going and wants to be extracted without a fuss. It's nice to hear that I am getting somewhere.

I think if I could lay off touching my face for a few weeks I'd at least lose most of the redness.. but it's been too many years harassing what used to be the never ending blackheads.. it'll take a while to break the habit as weird as it is.

The unaffected skin now feels nice and smooth.. I can see the end goal Smile It's just a ways off still. I'll be thrilled when it's over.. it's just been a bad way to start a new school and meet people. Shoots your confidence down a little with the most massive acne I've ever had going on..

I'm a geographical idiot so I'm not even going to ask how far apart BC and Ontario are. LOL!
I agree; nothing kills the self confidence like zits on the face. Just about everybody has had or still gets them, so I wonder why that is. But I've seriously comtemplated staying home when my face erupts, so I feel your pain.
Are you a student or a teacher? I'm back in school starting in November - online. I LOVE the classroom experience so I'm interested in seeing how it goes.
One more day until Friday so I hope you get your mud for the weekend!
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Tee hee. BC is on the west coast above washington state. My part of Ontario (it's big)is above NY. Long ways to go still roar.

I haven't felt this face self conscious in years unfortunately. I've always had a few zits, and a load of blackheads but I thought they weren't noticeable unless super close to me. This is a nightmare of badness.. I know it's getting better and I see change but it's mass quantities of eruption at once.

I'm a paramedic student. Brand new first year getting to know brand new people. I had to go back to high school at 26 to get the grade 12 math I never had to apply. I have an honours BA I don't use in theatre already.. but it's taken till now to choose a real direction. Unfortunately this program is super intense and hard as heck. I'm exhausted, but it's a good program. Can't say my prior education really prepared me for this though. What are you going to be taking?
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Starting to wonder if they lost it.. or failed to track it (wouldn't be the first one they missed scanning between trucks for me)..

2010/10/18
23:54 RICHMOND Item arrived at postal facility
16:27 VANCOUVER Order information received by Canada Post
14:50 ABBOTSFORD Item picked up by Canada Post

So where's it been tuesday through now...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Starting to wonder if they lost it.. or failed to track it (wouldn't be the first one they missed scanning between trucks for me)..

2010/10/18
23:54 RICHMOND Item arrived at postal facility
16:27 VANCOUVER Order information received by Canada Post
14:50 ABBOTSFORD Item picked up by Canada Post

So where's it been tuesday through now...

OMG If your post is as bad as ours (US) I sent a package overnight to the same state I am in, just about 5 hour drive north, it went to South Carolina.....2 states away? Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Best yet is it was sent expedited.. And according to this it's been in BC the entire time.. and hasn't moved.

Better than UPS though.. I am so sick of brokerage and other fees...
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I have mud!

It thankfully arrived as canada post says it's still in BC..

Hope this stuff rocks as the shipping charges were undetermined.. Showed as 0.. and ended up costing more than the mud ugh.

So.. now I have a bag of mud and I'm unsure what to do with it.. lol.
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Still unsure what to do with dry powdered mud.. I assume I mix a small amount with water and leave it on my face once a week.. But I'm afraid to just go do it lol.

I got an enormous amount of ick out of my face last night. I tried to steam my face a little before putting on oil with hot wash cloths. In less then a minute a bunch of black granules were in my hands and the number just grew the entire 10 minutes.

Lately it' been hit and miss I can see more things coming to the surface to purge but not necessarily out of my face yet. And some nights not much seems to come out. Seems like my forehead lost a lot of blackheads on mass with the steaming.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess,

Here on the site are the instructions to use it as a mask:

http://www.sudsandscents.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CL-525&Category_Code=C2

For rejuvenating facial mask:
Mix enough purified water to clay to make a thick paste. Allow to sit for 1 hour. Apply to clean skin avoiding eye area. Let dry (about 10-12 minutes). Remove and rinse thoroughly. Follow with toner and moisturizer. Your skin will feel rejuvenated!

Also other uses?

Rhassoul can be used for a variety of professional applications, it is an invaluable enhancement for spa treatments and for personal use. Its extraordinary power of absorption makes it more effective than other clays for cleansing, de-toxification, and general skin treatment.

It can be used as soap, skin conditioner, shampoo, and facial and body mask and it washes like soap and leaves a unique, sweet scent on the skin.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Haha I'm such a loser. If I'd turned the bag over in the box the directions were on there too..

Thank you. I have a small allotment of clay sitting in my bathroom for use... We shall see what this does for me Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Haha I'm such a loser. If I'd turned the bag over in the box the directions were on there too..

Thank you. I have a small allotment of clay sitting in my bathroom for use... We shall see what this does for me Smile

You aren't a loser, we all have those moments! Smile Let us know how it works out for you, great I hope! Smile

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |