Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:57 am      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
SoCal..

Thoughts on this brand of african black soap?

http://www.dermacare.ca/product/ELI-002

Looking around it says it's good on things like eczema. And personal experience on the wonders it can do? I have PITA psoriasis. Tried varying things but still keep tiny patches everywhere. Because I only get small patches the dermatologist shrugs me off. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on other stuff it might help..

Hi Mafia Princess, I'm sorry I've been away so long! I really got sick with the flu and then all that entails . . . a full month of being sick ugh!
Anyway, that brand of the African black soap has the same ingredients as mine except the aloe, whereas mine has shea butter, but I don't think that will change the efficacy any. Did you get it? Has it helped? I've been using it twice a day and for the first time in 40 years, I am loving my skin. I still do the OCM about once a week to get the gunk out, but this black soap is awesome. I hope you're getting great results too.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I have to say I'm really amazed at the oil cleansing once again. My skin has been horribly broken out (cycle time) and I used the acne wash a few times and that seemed to help but yesterday at the worst day, I washed with 80% castor/20% hemp and rubbed for about 10 minutes. I rinsed then went about my day - a few hours later I looked at my skin and noticed nearly ALL of the forehead pimples were completely gone and the redness as well. Wow! I'm still in shock.

I don't do the OCM every day because it takes too much time and yet I really should because it makes my skin look and feel better (particularly in the winter). I should stop being so lazy about it when it clearly works for me.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:09 am      Reply with quote
The thing to remember (and yes I know about purging, my son endured a horrible bout) is the more you strip the skin of oil with harsh, drying products the more your skin will respond with more oil production. Also once again oil cleanses oil (likes attract likes).
If you need to fight a bit more add some Tea Tree Oil to your mix. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Exactly. I can't use that acne product more than two days in a row or my skin gets horribly flaky (albeit less pimples). I find it helps to just give it a shot of that cleanser then keep doing the OCM and it seems to even out.

Today I did a quick rub with the oils and then a nice face steam with my washcloth and a good rinse. I put more hemp oil on my face afterwards and then took my shower and it feels and looks good now.

It's a constant learning process. I think key for me though is to make sure I get ALL the oil off after a rub because I don't think I was doing that before. The steaming helps too, something else I'd eliminated.

In short, follow the directions and you'll have good results. Duh! Wink
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
No worries SoCal. You feeling better?

I haven't gotten it. I've been on a buying too much spree. 2 batches of henna with pricey shipping. A custom hairfork (my first ever). A new to me hair-stick that I am still waiting for. Swallowed my tongue barbell and ordered new ones.. a lululemon spree that involved 2 pairs of pants lol. And a load of supplements to help improve my lifting in the gym. Oh and my puppies needed new collars off etsy...

I so need winter to fully come so money comes in again regularly.. and I wanted to be reassured that I should try it Wink Also been reading about glycolic acid peels.. but I have only been reading at this point and learning.

OCM is still getting icky out of my face, but it is still red as heck. The cycticness comes and goes. Have been reading about people using ACV as a toner to remove redness..

Should be studying yet here I am reading lots and lots Wink
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
No worries SoCal. You feeling better?

I haven't gotten it. I've been on a buying too much spree. 2 batches of henna with pricey shipping. A custom hairfork (my first ever). A new to me hair-stick that I am still waiting for. Swallowed my tongue barbell and ordered new ones.. a lululemon spree that involved 2 pairs of pants lol. And a load of supplements to help improve my lifting in the gym. Oh and my puppies needed new collars off etsy...

I so need winter to fully come so money comes in again regularly.. and I wanted to be reassured that I should try it Wink Also been reading about glycolic acid peels.. but I have only been reading at this point and learning.

OCM is still getting icky out of my face, but it is still red as heck. The cycticness comes and goes. Have been reading about people using ACV as a toner to remove redness..

Should be studying yet here I am reading lots and lots Wink

Hi Mafia Princess, I'm finally better! but so out of the gym habit!!! Thanks for asking. A CUSTOM hairfork? sounds plush!
I know about too much spending! I'm on a moratorium starting today! I have to finish some stuff before I buy anymore! I'm always chasing the next best thing! Ugh!
Anyway, I think I need to go back to twice a week for the OCM. I noticed that when I apply my creams and such, I'm feeling some bumpiness in my skin. That can only mean one thing for me - gunk and more gunk! I see a lot about the ACV as a toner too. I use a Pangea Organics toner to dilute my CP and TNS serum; it's basically just an antioxidant bath, no sting. I'm still using the black soap though. It really zaps my zits well and fades the marks too (I still have a few left in the 'beard' area!) I hope you have a happy and peaceful holidays! I'm trying to not do the stress part this year - we'll see how that goes!!! I'm actually off to do my OCM now. Have a good week too!
SCG
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I could have posted a pic! Image

I still have bumpies and gunk under my skin. It will feel and look a little better for a few days.. and then I break out worse again for a bit. I've been using ACV as a toner for a week. I'm not sure it's doing anything, but it's been a week.

Got a flyer from the medispa I've gotten some laser hair removal done at last night. They are having a chemical peel sale, but you have to take 4. I want like one lol.

I need to tone down my spending as I keep chasing the better new thing too. I'd like some black soap still though..
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:08 am      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Oh I could have posted a pic! Image

I still have bumpies and gunk under my skin. It will feel and look a little better for a few days.. and then I break out worse again for a bit. I've been using ACV as a toner for a week. I'm not sure it's doing anything, but it's been a week.

Got a flyer from the medispa I've gotten some laser hair removal done at last night. They are having a chemical peel sale, but you have to take 4. I want like one lol.

I need to tone down my spending as I keep chasing the better new thing too. I'd like some black soap still though..

Wow! Beautiful fork! You have very lovely, thick hair; I'm jealous!
I did a REN glycolic peel tonight after the OCM, then a clay mask. It's cheaper than a spa visit!!! I'm not going to enable anybody else today - so I won't urge you to get the black soap. My karma's taken a beating this past week! lol! I really hope you start to see more good days real soon! Do you dilute the ACV? I don't know anything about using it, except that it's popular here.
Have a great week! Wishing you less bumpies - soon. (I still have them along the jaw/under the chin, my worst spot. Ugh!)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
If you scroll down on the recipe index you will find a few different versions of ACV toners. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

5% products discount

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, thank you. I think it's super pretty. I'm still learning how to do bun like things with it.

Still contemplating the black soap. Going to have to be after my next paycheck though.

I am trying 50% ACV and 50% H20 currently as my first experiment and checking out the thread DM posted Smile

What is a REN glycolic peel?

I've been looking at this ebay seller, multiple people on the LHC forums really like them and their products http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390092232017&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:20 am      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
LOL, thank you. I think it's super pretty. I'm still learning how to do bun like things with it.

Still contemplating the black soap. Going to have to be after my next paycheck though.

I am trying 50% ACV and 50% H20 currently as my first experiment and checking out the thread DM posted Smile

What is a REN glycolic peel?

I've been looking at this ebay seller, multiple people on the LHC forums really like them and their products http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390092232017&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I can't even look at that link until payday - tomorrow!!!! I have NO discipline anymore!
REN is a nice English all-natural line. Their glycolic peel is super effective but super gentle. I feel asleep with it on once and still had my face when I work up!
I still get plenty of gunk out when I do the OCM. I wonder if that will ever change.
Happy Friday!
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Haha I so dig.. When you d get paid can you tell me what you think on the 30% glycolic peel kit please.

Gentle sounds good and safe.. M face feels less bumpy and gross, but damn it is red.. and splotchy. Worse than it was when I was a teen..

I am hit and miss on gunk. I got 2 big plugs out last night. I know there is plenty in there.. it's just hit and miss on what decides to ungunk.

Happy last day of class Wink
greenapple

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm into my second week of the oil cleansing method.

I suffer from a minor amount of hormonal acne around the jaw line at cycle time. I'm past the time where I'd normally be breaking out, but my jaw line is erupting with lots of sore bumps.

Is this purging? It's not really happening anywhere else (a few on my nose and one on my cheek last week) or is this likely to be me not cleaning the oil off well enough? I have been quite careful about getting the oil off but I suppose I just want some reassurance or advice... does the purging normally concentrate on the usual break out areas like this?
hooperks

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mine's been doing the same thing along around my mouth and chin, lots of small bumps and a few big ones, I haven't broken out this bad in a while. I've been using OCM for about 3 weeks now, I try to do it everyday, but at least about 4 times a week and it still hasn't gotten better! I read this could be normal, so I'm going to stick it out..I also didn't know if using a toner right after would help improve it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yes gals the purging is a royal PIA but if you are prone to breakouts it is normal for many! You can also use a bit of Tea Tree Oil on the eruptions, that really helped with my son when he first started and things got worse before better! Smile

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. Smile I've started using ACV/Green Tea toner, and also added a few drops of Tea Tree Oil to my OCM mix.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Another great blog to read for those doing or considering OCM Smile

http://en.petitchef.com/recipes/%7Bdiy-skin-care-facial-cleansing-oil%7D-fid-978403

5% products discount

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I've given up on OCM. I wanted it to work.. but after 5 months of unending embarrassment over the condition of my face I can't wait any longer for the purge to stop. I feared maybe it wouldn't ever stop and maybe it wasn't working for me.

While it helped my blackheads in a way nothing else did, my acne was the worst it has been in my entire life with unending cystic pustules.

For now I'm using oil of olay regenerist detoxifying scrub and bobbi brown cucumber toner with a moisturizer I have lying around. It's been two weeks and my face now finally looks better than it has in 5 months.

I'm sad as I can't deal with OCM anymore, but happy cause I finally feel less embarrassed to go in public.
Phebe

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Mafia Girl, I have only ever used OCM, may I suggest ( as a professional oil practioner)that the use of Tamanu oil after your cleanse will be beneficial to stop breakouts & will heal exiisting skin problems.
This oil is known as a wound healer & skin regenerater, used for keloid scarring & burns, & acne scarring. With dedicated use, over a month of twice daily applications, skin is even & unpitted. I have used it post operatively, & patients have been amazed at wound healing. It is used in hospitals on new & old scars, & will clear up blepheritis, scaly eyelashes, promoting thicher longer lashes.
Good luck & do persevere with OCM, it's the best long term solution to congested skin, & once your skin is normalised, your problems will be over. I could give you medical reasons for using OCM, but space is short.
Best wishes, Phebe

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Phebe wrote:
Dear Mafia Girl, I have only ever used OCM, may I suggest ( as a professional oil practioner)that the use of Tamanu oil after your cleanse will be beneficial to stop breakouts & will heal exiisting skin problems.
This oil is known as a wound healer & skin regenerater, used for keloid scarring & burns, & acne scarring. With dedicated use, over a month of twice daily applications, skin is even & unpitted. I have used it post operatively, & patients have been amazed at wound healing. It is used in hospitals on new & old scars, & will clear up blepheritis, scaly eyelashes, promoting thicher longer lashes.
Good luck & do persevere with OCM, it's the best long term solution to congested skin, & once your skin is normalised, your problems will be over. I could give you medical reasons for using OCM, but space is short.
Best wishes, Phebe

Hi Phebe!

Welcome to EDS Smile I've been using tamanu oil straight on my skin (undiluted) for 10 weeks now, but it dried up my skin and was the most drying oil of all the carrier oils that I've tried. I'm trying to figure out whether others have this problem, too, or whether it's just me. So do you dilute tamanu oil when you use it, and if so, do you have a recipe you'd be willing to share? (Sorry to jump in on the OCM thread, but I figured that if I responded elsewhere, you probably won't see it.) Thanks so much!

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello & thank you for the welcome.
Tamanu oil is also used as a moisturiser, besides being a natural antibiotic & antibacterial, also anti-ageing. However, if found to dry skin, a blend of 80% tamanu & 20% rosehip seed oil, should address any dryness.

Do hope you find this helpful & your skin responds.
Kind regards, Phebe

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, Phebe! Smile I'll try that.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I REALLY like how my face feels afterward cleaning with oil!

I must admit I initially only massaged for a minute or two tops and was ready to give up on it, but I'm so glad I revisited the thread and found I needed to massage for at least 5 minutes, preferably up to 10 and steam afterwards. Since I started do that, my skin is softer and my little lines (eyes & forehead) are seriously diminished...and that was an immediate bonus after the first cleansing...nice!

I use caster oil and jojoba with a drop of tea tree oil as a preventative for breakouts. I'm varying the percentage of the oils as I'm still not getting much out, or at least I'm not seeing (or feeling) any 'plugs', but I believe it is working as I periodically get little whiteheads and they're gone within a day with this method. I'm still waiting for the little blackheads on my nose and chin to be eliminated, but I think they are, just little by little.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have contributed to this thread because the information has been extremely valuable in my quest for a better cleansing system.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Like MafiaPrincess, mine skin looks
horrible when I exclusively do OCM. I have periodic "wins" that encourage me to keep doing it but then I get hit with a chin full of painful acne.

I started using my boyfriends skin cleaner for acne and most everything has cleared up. His wash seems more gentle than anything I've used from the "girl" aisle. Wink

I'm using BioOil as my moisturizer and that seems to pair well with the cleanser. I am still using the oils to clean once or twice a week and that seems to help with the exfoliation.

I also stopped taking Biotin because I'd read repeated reports that it was causing issues with acne for people. I started taking the biotin after I had surgery 2 years ago, it coincides with the beginning of my acne.

I guess I'm a work in progress and always testing things out.
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of Tamanu oil. I shall go look it up. Would you suggest adding it into my current routine, or trying OCM again with Tamanu oil?

My face is better somewhat, but it's still a mess.

http://well.ca/products/alpha-tamanu-nut-oil_28181.html ?
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |