Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)
Were you a smoker and quit? If so how did you keep it up?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Lassie,
I have only one child...a boy 14, course HE thinks he's all grown Rolling Eyes

I am an ATM machine to him and btw. I have a money tree in my backyard! Wink I'm the sole provider to him as his father as skipped town, AGAIN and I'm all my son has. What that boils down to is yes I get all the love (um not sure what that is from a 14yo) BUT I GET ALL THE GRIEF AND BITCHING TOO! It gets hard, yes really hard, with school, friends, getting into trouble doing stupid crap-- so I can completely relate to you (well for the most part, you have more kids!).

But really would we trade it..? I think not. Smile Very Happy

Hang in there girl...you made it this far!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Confused well i have a 14 and 16 yr old and insensitive cranky husband Speak to the hand and a
puffer Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall hahaahaha. boy i was the wicked witch of the west today Shame on you
everything pissed me off Mad .. glad its monday tomorrow. only i would say that.i have not worked since 94 so,,, from sept -june i say THANK GOD ITS MONDAY Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Neutral nice kids....so its even harder to quit,and you can be even more proud of yourself!Whats about visiting a frind,or so for a couple of days?...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
if i went somewhere for a couple of days this house would look like north korea swept thru here. Laughing got a busy day ahead today.. a few dr appointments.. would love to go shopping. but ya cant when your BROKE Embarassed
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
do it like Lynette in DH.let them diging a pool,so that they are too tired to ask for ANYTHING Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Laughing we have a pool.... no body uses it. Cool
dr time..
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:39 am      Reply with quote
you have a pool and nobody use it???How could that be?Dont let them treat you that way,youre the boss!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Confused ay..... i dont care anymore..i dont feel well and my medicine is making me sick and i dont feel like arguing with them. it's hard enough to stop this smoking crap. im just gonna hide in my room for awhile and go to sleep. Sad
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
dont let them get you down,stay at your room,read a nice book and just care a f*** about their coments.if you care too much about them,it will just make you down...and you really dont have to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hate to say it, but it's the male gender (please no one shoot me Cool ).

You all know I only have ONE child--when I comes home from work you'd think 5 kids were in here having a damn party!! Food crumbs, drink spills, book bags everywhere!! Even though I bitch...gosh what would I do without him. Crying or Very sad Mostly my fault cause I MOMMA'd him too much!! Confused But damn I have days when I wish I would come home to a smooth operation. Very Happy

Hope you feel better Lassie! Smile
Walgreens didn't have the filter thingy's so now I have to go to another one and hope they have them!! Take care all!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Surprised hi, lifeplyr you need a perscription from the dr for them.. they are NICOTROL INHALERS. like i said before , some insurances wont pay.thank god mine does. without ins. they are 155.00 !!! and ya need a few boxes to get thru this. but ya still need a script from the doc. i still havent smoked Wink and its still hard.. my dumb husband finally stopped smoking around me. also have to have valium for this... i have bad panic attacks and that help with the smoking. i just been trying to sleep as much as i can.. and alot of people cant do that... im home disabled due to cronic back pain and other stupid things. so i do get to do that if i need to. i stopped working when my boys were 3 and 4..now im like a recluse..if it doesnt include shopping i hate going anywhere.my skin is so messed up right now and i dont care if it sags to the floor . i start a whole new routine with lancome.i used so much acids that a moisterizer wont penitrate....i read to much on this skin product stuff. Shock back to basic cleansing and moisterizing. and thats it. screw all those acids.and peels..well gotta go.. they left me a sink full as usual... have a good one Wink
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Im so incrediable sorry for you.It must be so depressing and hard the last time for you...And you still go your way!I have a lot of respect for you,and am also proud,that youve made it so far

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy today is day 10 without a smoke Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy but this is really how i feel
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Brick wall
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
10 w.h.o.l.e days!!!!!!! gosh!Youre really on your way...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Well done Exclamation you are doing so well. I am very impressed
keep it up you are an inspiration to us all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy hi'a.. well today it day13 Dancing Dancing Dancing i cannot believe it... im still using the inhaler . but not smoking cigs Wink
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:53 am      Reply with quote
wow...just one day and youve made the 2 whole weeks!!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:28 am      Reply with quote
WAY TO GO LASSIE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation So happy for you!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

On my end, insurance won't cover inhaler, getting new insurance sometime early next year though. I can't seem to find those damn filter things at any Walgreens Mad Mad Mad Been to 3 stores and going to another today. I'm getting near my wits end!!! Gosh I have to find something to help. Confused Confused

Thanks for your help guys!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:50 am      Reply with quote
what filter things are you talking about ? the ones i have are perscription only. now if you want to pay the full price and you are saying walgreens dont carry them ? they should. all you need is something from the dr...but you'll be paying 155.00 .are there other inhalers that you know of ? try somewhere else besides walgreens. try walmart. or any pharmacy.if all fails.. then maybe you should get the lozenges and some straws. did ya try to start cutting down ? if not , i understand.. cuz it would piss me off not being able to find what im looking for. buy some old nasty pack that you hate and try smoking them. you can tell me to stick it..... i know what i went thru.im still bitchy with everyone.and im still sleeping.the sleeping has a lot to due with my pain meds though.i had such a pissy day with my mom and i cant believe i didnt smoke.. if i didnt smoke thru that one .. i think i did it. keep in touch.and keep looking for something that might work for ya. have a good one.
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy oooh,Im so happy for you.Youre going thrugh such a lot,and now you are at this point!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Arrow lassie1234
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Smile yeah!!! have not smoked since 9-11-05 Very Happy
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
have you ever read your first reports about quitting?...What a difference Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:45 am      Reply with quote
The filter things are OTC and help you cut down on the amount of nicotine you inhale. They reduce the amount of nicotine depending upon which filter you use. It's kinda like a step down approach--filter A for one week, filter B for 2 weeks, etc until you are inhaling practically nothing. It helps with withdrawls. I've used them in the past and they do help--me anyways. But darn it, I can't find them anywhere!! Mad Not sure what I'm gonna do now. I can't chew the gum because of TMJ. Right now I'm so mad I'm not even thinking about what to do. Mad Mad

Lassie you are doing a great job, I'm so proud of you Exclamation Exclamation Smile Smile Take care

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy hey swetty, no i havent gone back to read some of the stuff i wrote.. Laughing Laughing im sure it was crazy.
and lifeply01-- whats the name of those inhalers ? if you can remember we can find them online somewhere... my friend can find anything online.. im proud of her too because she stopped smoking like 10 before me..and she is chewing her ass off still Laughing but she is fine with her non smoking routine...now im having such a problem with my face.omg.. i started a new post on it.. i cant get anything to work anymore.. dont know if its products from the past or these inhalers or the smoking or meds..dont think meds cuz i have been on them for awhile now.but i cant get anything to soak into my face... its like glue and sticky. and at night whatever i put on stays there.. i wake up all greasy from cream the night before Rolling Eyes .. so somethings never change here. its always something.i guess ill go out today and look for another cream.everything just balls up after i put it on..and the stuff isnt cheap.so im wasting most of it Mad ..yeah.... tomorrow is MONDAY
Dancing Dancing Dancing love those mondays...home alone. Laughing have a good one
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 14, 2024 7:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |