Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Rave for drugstore eyelash growth serum!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
If I paid the money through PayPal or some other online money transfer service could someone order 2 of the Ardell lash accelerators from Drugstore.com (they have them in stock) and mail this to me in Sweden? I would pay all of the costs plus extra for time and trouble.

Anna you might want to pm caretake, she shops for some who can't buy in the states, shes only on for 30 mins a day, so be a bit patient with her replying.

I'd happily help but I am clueless to ins and outs of paypal ect....caretake seems to have all this down
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
If I paid the money through PayPal or some other online money transfer service could someone order 2 of the Ardell lash accelerators from Drugstore.com (they have them in stock) and mail this to me in Sweden? I would pay all of the costs plus extra for time and trouble.
I'll do it -- I actually have two fresh tubes of Ardell that I ordered from drugstore.com earlier this month...I always like to have a few extra tubes on hand to help out overseas members who are unable to find in their country. PM me to work out the details.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Does Walmart still carry Dreamlash? I went to mine and I couldn't find it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
Does Walmart still carry Dreamlash? I went to mine and I couldn't find it.
No. Some have been able to find it at CVS or Riteaid pharmacies, but mostly members have had to order it online. The last time I ordered some DreamLash for Mabsy, I believe the website I got it from was something like "Amerimark" -- just google "buy DreamLash" and it'll return links to the websites from which it can be ordered.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
For those interested in the various lash growth serums that have been discussed and tried here on the forum, I have an offer:

I have a brand new, unopened tube of Jan Marini Age Intervention EyeLash that I purchased from EDS last month because I thought I’d be out of my original tube by now (I’m starting to scrape bottom, but there’s still some left!).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone wanted to split this tube with me? If you’ve been wanting to try it, but couldn’t see yourself dropping $140USD for a lash serum (even though it is TOTALLY worth it!), I would be willing to decant ½ the contents of my new tube into another container and send it to you. You’d have to supply your own eyeliner brush with which to apply it, though. If you are interested, PM me to work out the details – first come first served! I will post an update to this post when the offer is no longer available.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I think I might be interested in doing that, carkate.... How does the Jan Marini stuff compare to Ardell, DreamLash and Starlash??

I haven't tried any of these.. I only discovered this site today as I was researching them! Is the Jan Marini stuff worth the expense??
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:40 am      Reply with quote
chevycamarolvr wrote:
I think I might be interested in doing that, carkate.... How does the Jan Marini stuff compare to Ardell, DreamLash and Starlash??

I haven't tried any of these.. I only discovered this site today as I was researching them! Is the Jan Marini stuff worth the expense??

I have not tried any of the other stuffs ... but I have been using the Jan Marini serum since July 4 and I am very pleased with the result ..... Smile Already thinking just this morning I may not need to use any mascara in the future ... Wink.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
That's what I'm hoping for... Not having to wear mascara... I plan on having my eyeliner tattooed in the next few months. I can't stop thinking how AWESOME it would be to not deal with any eye makeup!

I ordered the 1000 Hours lash tinting kit and Lucia serum over the weekend, and have searched several Walgreens and Walmarts for DreamLash and/or Ardell without sucess. I plan on stopping at the nearest CVS on my lunch break today....

I'd be willing to spend the $140-$160 for JM if I knew it was worth it! How long does that little tube last? What happens if you stop using it??
root1979
5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
why not just use caster oil? I heard it will prompt hair growth
lonsdally
5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Bad Grin Castor oil does make your eyelashes and eyebrows grow (and does it ever remove warts)....but I found Talika is better..makes them thicker. Now I want to try JM/Ardell/Lucia whatever else is out there to find the best...!!! And, I really want to stop using mascara; AND, I don't want to tint them either....Liz

this is for carekate: would you give me the recipe for your "homemade serum" for eyelashes? Thanks.....I'm very interested. I used to use castor oil on my eyebrows and eyelashes; it does make them grow....
lonsdally
5% products discount

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Where can I find the Lucia eyelash growth product....help! Crying or Very sad

this is for carekate: would you give me the recipe for your "homemade serum" for eyelashes? Thanks.....I'm very interested. I used to use castor oil on my eyebrows and eyelashes; it does make them grow....
lonsdally
5% products discount

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Razz Castor oil does grow lashes, but that's all. It does not make them thicker, and it stops at a certain length, and then in a short, very short period time they go back to original length....so it's not as good as the eyelash growth products on the market; at least I don't think so....your comments, please, Liz

lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
To reiterate lonsdally's previous request, where can we purchase, online or otherwise, the Lucia lash enhancer? Thanks, ladies...
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased my first tube of Lucia off of eBay... The second I purchased from a fellow EDS member
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Chevy....but I just did the unpardonable--I think I've lost my mind altogether--LOL--anyway I just went to ebay and bought the Jan Marini age intervention eyelash growth stuff! Hope it works as well for me as it has for the rest of the ladies here in EDS! Is the Marini product good for the brows as well, or is it strictly for lashes? Please let me know! Many thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Is the Marini product good for the brows as well, or is it strictly for lashes? Please let me know! Many thanks!
I thought I read somewhere (actual product info or on a website) that the JM stuff wasn't intended for eyebrows...? If you want to get your brows growing back again, try Rogaine like Wendy (I think she's posted before/after pix of her brows, along with her eyelash results using JM) and/or Ardell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Carrie.. I've been using the Ardell morning and night on my brows, and it could be my imagination but my brows do seem to be thickening a bit.. Never thought about Rogaine to use on the brows! I think I'll try both products.. Surprised)
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
I've been using the Ardell morning and night on my brows, and it could be my imagination but my brows do seem to be thickening a bit.
"Winnie" said that Ardell helped her re-grow a completely bald patch in one of her eyebrows so I doubt it's your imagination!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
i wonder if i can use it on my scalp......... Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, me too, Amaska! My hair has gotten sooooo thin! Anyone have any ideas about this?
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Totally off topic..
but hair thinning is a problem for me too.. I started searching through EDS and found that a lot of shampoos out there have SLS. I've tossed out my drugstore shampoos and have started using SLS free and Paraben free shampoo. Hopefully, that'll help a bit with my hair loss...

5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
My first post: I'm thrilled with Ardell! Results galore.

My background: I'm 42 and I have this nasty chronic condition called blepharitis which causes my lower eyelids to be irritated/pink/red/sty-ish etc. most of the time. I avoid eye makeup because it tends to aggravate the condition. I've had the condition for about 15 years.

There isn't a cure, just prevention: lash scrubs, warm compresses, cleaning with baby shampoo. Lots of vitamins. Herbs, oitments, drops . . . and so on. And all these preventive steps did nothing to make the condition look better.

So, after reading the raves, and in lieu of mascara that I can't really wear, I thought I'd try the Ardell Growth acccelerator. I found it at Longs drugstore. It's cheap, why not. When I started using Ardell there were maybe 6 diehard lashes on each irritated lower eyelid. Now, 2 months later, I have LOTS of lower lashes (at least 50 per lower eyelid!) and the bleph is really well-contained! I'd say I have about a 90% improvement in the irritated look! And I don't remember when I last had my full complement of lower lashes!

Also, I think it's terrific that if I let the coat I put on the top lashes dry for 5-10 minutes then use an eyelash curler the curl holds just about all day! Just like carekate said! The top lashes look healthier, thicker too.

Downsides: occasionally it does get into my eye and feel terrible although my eyes are like blackholes - everything seems to get drawn into them. Also, yes, if I apply too much I get those micro white specs. I use a lash comb to get most specs out.

Jan Mariani stuff sounds wonderful but I am ECSTATIC with Ardell! Thank you so much carekate and all you other EDS posters!!!!
Very Happy
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps the only thing I can add to this is that if you are clumpsy in applying mascara then don't bother with Ardell. I try and apply it close to my lash line, with the unfortunate side effect of some of the product getting into my eye. As soon as that happens my eye ball feels swollen and starts tearing.

A bit more expensive but larger packaged product is the Mavala Double Lash. Good lash conditioner, but it doesn't double my eye lashes or make it extra long. Doubt

I am trying to resist the lemming of the JM lash intervention since I live in Australia. Laughing
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Well, my CVS stores did not have any in stock either. Mad I hope there are lots of forum members around me trying it and not e-bay scalpers! Carrie, I think the info you pass on needs to be protected somehow at least until all EDS'ers have had a chance to try and stock up on products. Hmm...how will we accomplish this hmm
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Debbie, do you have an ULTA close? They have it.. Have you tired googling it? At least you should be able to order it online, if nothing else...

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |