Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Help! Any advice on Home Micro or peels??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!
I'm new here, but I was hoping to get some advice on home systems. There are SO many to choose from and I'm not sure which one to try.
History: I have had 4 mild peels from a dermatologist (to help control acne) and had 3 TCA's in the past (that helped reduce scars). I loved the results!! We moved 6 months ago and my new area does not offer these services under my current medical plan.
I don't have terrible acne scars, but like any woman the ones I have I'm very aware of. I loved the way my skin brightened up and looked so fresh after the treatments. Unfortunately, I learned I qualified for such additional treatments in the year before I left now I want more and don't have that option.
I want to try some at home treatments since I can't afford office treatments now (the whole family thing and their constant desire to eat is getting in the way of my beauty objectives).
I'm tired of wasting money. So I thought I'd get some input first before my next attempt. I have tried the L'Oreal's home chemical treatment (did nothing sadly), Face Lifts Chemical peel (negligible results). I'm thinking about home Microdermabrasion (they ALL claim Derm. Office results if you stick it out...but which ones aren't lying?). I just don't know which to pick.
What is your advice out there? Is Neutragena a good line? Anyone try their peel or Micro kit? I've seen Homedics MD Kit and there is a slew on the home shopping network. I admit I liked the enzyme peel from Principle Secret, but I didn't care for the rest of the system and don't want to get in that boat again....I still have exfoliant scrub in the never empty container (but can't throw away...I spent money on it).
GOAL: I'm looking for a system that will help diminish the acne scarring I do have, make my skin less dull, and any miracles that may help with the 'laugh' or 'life lines' starting around my eyes...or as my husband calls them, 'the big,'ol crows feet'. Yes, I married Mister Sensitivty. It must be a karma thing since I can't spell worth a doodle. I've tried DermaFreeze, but that is another topic for another day.
This is way too long and so I will go. Thank you for your input....and no, getting rid of the spouse isn't an option...I'd be richer, but the whole dating pool would raise a whole other can of insecurities I'm not ready to explore. Smile Have a great day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this board too. You should check out Epidermx. It's an awesome home microderm. Before, I had tons of blackheads, large pores, oily skin, close to 10 zits on my cheeks and some fine lines on my forehead.

In just a few days, the zits almost totally disappeared. In 3 to 4 weeks, my pores weren't as large (at least 50% smaller), the red marks from my old breakouts faded a lot, blackheads almost unnoticeable and the forehead lines flattened out quite a bit.

I apply Silkia camellia oil after each treatment and everyday. The oil goes on like a dream. My skin eats it up. I think the oil has helped with the red marks. I'm acne prone, usually look very slick, but the oil seems to balance out the oil in my skin and no breakouts. Now my skin looks less oily and more healthy.

I still have some indents and I haven't seen anything yet. But in just 4 weeks my skin already looks very different. I am in love with these products.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
You could also check outwww.platinumskincare.com . You can purchase a lot of different peels in different percentages, including TCA peels, if you want to try that again. Since you have had it done before, I think you would be fine to do it on your own. I have used their 30% and 40% glycolic acid peels, and have a TCA waiting. Obviously, just pay close attention and don't over do it, and you should be fine. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome~There was a thread recently regarding peels. Scroll around the threads, you'll see it. Personally I have also used(and am still using) a 40% glycolic acid peel I purchased fromwww.makeupartistschoice.com
It has lasted a longgggggggggg time and I love the results. Honestly, I don't remember how much I paid for it. Under $50, I'm sure.
I have been tight in the finacial dept myself and recently purchased Ponds Purely Polished microd. It was around $12. It's so/so. Not as good as Philosophy's(IMO)but for $12 good enough to keep using till it's gone!
Ciao!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Deanne...Sounds like you and I have similar skin problems and goals.
I've been using a 40% glycolic acid peel from MakeUpArtistsChoice.com...I follow these peels with a copper peptide and emu oil. My skin feels and looks better immediately. In between peels I use Walgreens brand Alpha Hydroxy (a wonderful product for less than $6.00!) and copper peptide on top of that at bedtime. Recently I've added Epidermx Microdermabrasion to my routine and my acne scars are softening.
I've tried a very light (12.5%) TCA peel from PlatinumSkinCare also...much too light a peel for me to see any results and I don't have time to hide out while doing a deeper peel.
You can purchase sample sizes of the glycolic or TCA from either site for less than $20.00 and you get many uses from these samples. Platinum SkinCare also gives you a free sample of one of their other products when you make a purchase...that's how I was introduced to copper peptides!
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone!! I am still exploring the new sites and product names you all suggested. I did not know you could purchase the stronger peels. I so love this forum!! Smile Thank you so much!!!!!
Dear VEEn, what does EMU oil do? Is this from the...bird? Is it soothing? There is so much I need to read up on. Esp. the copper pep.
I'm a Lauder lady for about ten plus years now. I just got turned onto Bobbi Brown and love her too. I like Lauder face care, but would love to try something new. I just moved to nowhere Arizona from N. Virgina and my own routine is in flux. It is so much hotter and the sun much more intense.
If I need new supplies I have to drive to Tuscon. I love the idea of the internet, but still a bit gun shy about buying without trying. I will do the samples you suggested and see how it goes.
We did take a hit with the move and I've been leary of trying new stuff (you know, stick with what you know and not waste the dough); however, my routine just isn't working as well here. My skin is not happy with the change. Smile

Oh, in case it matters my routine is this. Any suggestions on improvement is appreciated!

FYI: Tube soap-B.Brown
Fruition -EL
Eye Balm - B. Brown
Waterbabies 45- Johnson Johnson
Night...just tried Neutragena Lite Nite cream and love it.

Make-up:
Fountain: B Brown
Under eye concealer: B Brown (best ever!!!)
Ok, all the rest (blush,Mascara)..B. Brown too.
Opps, Lip gloss: Clinque

Have a great day everyone!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
For those who use the 40% glycolic peels, I have a few questions for you:

- Have you used regular unbuffered glycolic acids on a regular, daily basis in the past?
- Why do you choose a stronger, but more periodic peel rather than a 10% one daily/every other day?
- For those who've employed both of the above "tactics" regularly in the past for glycolic acid treatments, do you see a difference in result?[/list]
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
For me personally, I see better results from a stronger peel. However I am wary of using gycolic acid daily, esp with all the other stuff I use! I just think for my skincare routine it would be too harsh, even at 10%.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:34 am      Reply with quote
deanne123 wrote:

Dear VEEn, what does EMU oil do? Is this from the...bird? Is it soothing? There is so much I need to read up on. Esp. the copper pep.

Hi again Deeane,
Yes, it is from the bird...very soothing to sunburned or irritated skin. I especially like to use it after a glycolic acid peel and daily under my eyes. A wonderful moisturizer,it penetrates the skin better than mink or any other natural oil.
The SkinBiology site below will give you more information on copper peptides and how to use them. I think you may find a less expensive place to buy them though...or try a sample first.

SugarFreeSheila...I get different results from the 40% peel I do a few times a month than I do from the 8% AHA I use daily. The peel smooths and refines my skin. I also use it in conjunction with copper peptides to help remodel my acne scars.
The AHA I use at bedtime moisturizes my skin without it the skin underneath my eyes becomes dry and crepey.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I just visited PlatinumSkinCare.com and placed an order for their 50% glycolic acid acid peel, as well as one of their glycolic brushes (cute!), and got a sample for emu oil. I think I'll try alternating this with my Vitamin E oil I wear on my eyes, face, & neck a few nights a week. Very excited about the order, and I appreciate all the advice & tips here.
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sheila...Hope you like the results from the glycolic peel as much as I do. I use a 40% which has a 2.4ph. I believe Platinums peels have a lower ph making them a bit stronger.
After doing these for several weeks I now leave mine on for 25-30 minutes but started at the recommended 1 1/2 min.,then 3-4 min., gradually working my way up.
Let me know how Platinums stronger peel works for you...may be my next purchase as my bottle of 40% is almost gone now.
You're going to love the emu oil!
Vivian
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 25, 2024 1:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Blinc  Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |