Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New tweezers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Revlon has a new set of tweezers. They have slanted tips and wide, non-slip handles. The handles are red.

Love them.

Tweezed in 1/2 the time with 1/2 the pain.

Got them at Walgreens - cheap.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I won’t confess how much I just spent on a pair of “Anastasia” tweezers! Embarassed But I might have to pick up a pair these Revlon ones next time at Walgreens...who knows, if I like em just as well as the high-end pluckers, that just means I’ll have return them to Sephora and exchange them for another new lip product or any other trinket that catches my eye!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!

I've been having trouble with my current tweezer. Can't get a good grip. I might pick this up the next time I go to Walgreens!
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Even if you stick with the expensive tweezers, these Revlon babies would be ideal for the purse or travel bag....

OR (true confessions)... the CAR. Yes, I often tweeze in the CAR. Not driving anywhere. Just parked in my driveway.

Something about the natural light and the proximity to my rear view mirror lets me see all the little hairs I don't catch when tweezing in the house.

Neighbors think I'm crazy.

Dogs love it because I let them sit in the back seat - their favorite place - to watch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
LandB wrote:
OR (true confessions)... the CAR. Yes, I often tweeze in the CAR. Not driving anywhere. Just parked in my driveway.

Something about the natural light and the proximity to my rear view mirror lets me see all the little hairs I don't catch when tweezing in the house.
That's okay, I do it when I'm stopped in traffic! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
That's great, I've been using Tweezerman so far but it does have some problems. I'll pick up a pair of Revlon if I ever see them!
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I have some nice Revlon tweezers but my all-time favorite tweezers are the ones that come with my Swiss Army Knife! They are little but for some reason, are much easier to manipulate. They also have flat tips and they never slip!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:16 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
LandB wrote:

That's okay, I do it when I'm stopped in traffic! Embarassed

I stop in karate class and check myself out in the mirror. I obviously can't tweeze in class, but I do examine the tiny little hairs that somehow I can't see in my bathroom mirror. ROTFL Laughing
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I have tweezerman's professional tweezers and I love them.
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I have a pair of Anastasia tweezers and I am not ashamed!!! they are wonderful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
CharlieBaby wrote:
I have a pair of Anastasia tweezers and I am not ashamed!!! they are wonderful.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! They leave my Tweezermans to shame. I hated how -- 9 times out of 10 -- they'd slice the hair off right at the skin level so I was left with a little dark spot. I haven't had that prob with the Anastasia tweezers yet. I also love the brow scissors (best I've ever used!!) and the little brow-bone highlighting pencil!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have the tweezerman and they are definately lacking, guess I am off to walgreens Laughing
product_junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have had my Tweezerman for 5 years and I love them. I tried the Revlon and MAC ones years ago and wasn't as impressed.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the the revlon tweezers that you get in a pouch type thingy with scissors and nail clipper. I thought they were so-so.

I am currently using a pair of white tweezers by Cosmopolitan that come in a small white sleeve thing. they are a knock off of tweezerman!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using tweezerman....and i think every woman should invest in a tweezerman tweezer. They last a lifetime and is soo precise in taking off even the stubborn ingrown hairs.
ishay
5% products discount

Tue May 11, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! Will try this!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
ishay wrote:
Thanks! Will try this!

You may find the quality is different after 5 years. Very Happy

Sat May 18, 2024 10:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |