Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
effective milia treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I had milia diagnosed at Mayo Clinic in AZ just last month and the Dr. said the only treatment was to "needle" it. I have far too many to even contemplate that. He said it would be about $200.00. Not too bad a price but still..........I think I'll try the BHA. I would not be interested in buying something from Singapore that doesn't list ingredients.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I think I have seen the product you are considering from Singapora. I would try Skinactives, I have seen posts there about
milia.
Toby
rus

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just wanted to find out if anyone had milia on their eyelids and what kind of product to use to get rid of them.thanks
fitmama
5% products discount

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi... I have had a few milia on my eyelids. I have ONE left now...

I'll tell you what I did... and then follow with... What I did is not recommended by anyone inclusive of myself... but I was sick of it...

I had one milia that was HUGE... I could see it without my contacts. (I can't even see the big E) I regularly use a pumpkin mask... It has glycolic acid in it.. so... when I did my face... I made a VERY VERY VERY light sweep over my eyelid. The concern is NOT TO GET IT IN YOUR EYE!!!!! That would be a huge ouch... I did this 2 separate times... Then in between I used a derma-cloth... scrubbed my eyelids...

Then within about 1.5 weeks, I was looking at it and noticed that the layer of skin on top looked to have been effected by the acids... So I got out my little stick that I use to remove blackheads... pushed it down over the millia and OUT IT POPPED!

I have a few on my cheeks... they seem to be deeper.. but are almost gone. I used my pumpkin peel, and most recently a 12.5% TCA (which I have NOT put on my eyelids... although there is ONE tiny one left... I might spot treat!)

You MUST know how you respond to these products before you take them closer to your eyelids... and you MUST NOT get these products in your eyes...

I'm not a Dr., a derm, or even an ethetician...I'm a crazed woman sick of certain things... who has a pretty good handle on how her skin responds... Hope that helps...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you fitmama! I would be interested in your TCA peel. Could you tell us more about it?Was it applied at a salon or a DIY? I'm also willing to do just about anything. Please keep us informed of your progress. Very impressive!
fitmama
5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig... The TCA is a DIY... from Makeup ARtists Choice... it's the 12.5% I bought just the sample... $17.00ish...

You should do a patch test...(I did not)
You apply with a q-tip (stings like the dickens)
You allow to set up to 8 minutes (I think at which time it apparently neutalizes...more science here than I know)
Having never done one before, you should then rinse with a solution of water and bakingsoda...
If you've used before and can tolerate you can apply another layer... so of course, I felt I must do that... hit the melasma spots and milia and the one pimple I had... then tried to do my whole face... the stinging was outrageous.. (and I do infact have a high pain thresh hold)probably lasted maybe 30 seconds before I neutralized and rinsed like mad with baking soda and water solution.

Then I just applied Squalane Oil for moisture, You feel quite dry and puckered... Skin slightly red in appearance.

They recommend ------------... and ZERO assistance with the flaking.

Then I waited... NOTHING for 3 days... my skin was soft but I thought NO WAY no results... wanted to do it again... but decided I was in unknown territory... didn't want to become a stupid statistic. So I waited... Day 3.5-4 the slight peeling begins. I don't know how to explain it... Kind of like dandruff of the face. Use a moisturizer during the day if you leave the house to glue it down...so you don't look like you're molting.

Yesterday was day 7... lots of softer looking fresh skin exposed... a few patches still lifting...

In the mean time, I used my pumpkin mask on day 6 mild scrubbing...to assist. Several little milia gone... still a few more...

I DID NOT put this one on my eyelids... I might try a teeny tiny sweep over the one milia... last minute in case it burns like mad!

I've read where people kind of spot treat little areas... more often and let it set for a shorter period of time...

I'll wait the 3 whole weeks and do one more... then give it a total rest! for a while..

I generally don't like the look of a constantly peeled face. They tend to look mildly scarred all over the face..

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
fitmama

I don't have enough posts to give a proper forum thank you but wish I could. This was a great detailed account of your experience with the peels and I really appreciate all the info. Not quite ready to brave the 12% DIY peel but I certainly will try the pumpkin one.

Please keep us posted on your situation. I was impressed with your first post and in awe of your second one!
fitmama
5% products discount

Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
The same company has an 8.5%... it's not that bad...

I think I'm all done peeling today is day 13... I'll do one more in another week... curious to see how it goes...

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Can you please let me know more about this product and where I can get them.

thanks
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

Anyway, I was able to soften up the skin covering a lot of my milia via regular use of the aspirin mask so that I was able to squeeze them to extract the ‘seed.’ The few that remained that simply would not go away I actually used a hypodermic needle (my mom’s a diabetic and she uses this super-fine point needles to inject her insulin) to make a tiny puncture in the “shell” (i.e.: tough skin covering) and then was able to easily squeeze the little seed out. Once that was done, known of them have come back....

Hmm, this sounds really tempting... (You know, after I found this forum - I now am finding so many more things wrong - er, I mean things to fix - in my face... Unfortunately for me, the milia (milii??) are right under my left eye. I have some accupuncture needles which would probably be just right for the procedure outlined above. I'll just have to make sure I don't poke myself in the eye! (And, I think I'll wait until *after* the Thanksgiving holiday - so I don't spend the entire day telling my family members what I did to my face "this time"!! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Dermarolling completely eliminated my milia...something I never expected to happen, but a great benefit!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Dermarolling completely eliminated my milia...something I never expected to happen, but a great benefit!

Wow that is so cool. You actually did it under your eyes?! haha. I wonder if the little needles poked the little milia causing it to burst like a small pimple?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
bethany wrote:

Wow that is so cool. You actually did it under your eyes?! haha. I wonder if the little needles poked the little milia causing it to burst like a small pimple?

They make a smaller roller just so that you can work better around the eyes in different directions.

My guess is that the exfoliation from the rolling/Retin A combo is what really removed them.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I think it was the AHA's in the active serum that finally did the trick for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Dang, my milia are right below my left lower eyelid - right over the squishy part (where those lovely dark circles hang out) - so I think dermarolling would probably be out of the picture for me. Crying or Very sad

Has anyone else had good results with the Naturalis?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I have the occasional milia (milium?) appear somewhere on my face. When I was in my 20s, I had quite a few. I now get a very fine beading needle, run the tip under very hot water, dip it in alcohol, get out the 10x mirror (ugh!) and GENTLY insert the needle (sometimes I have to "lift" the milia with the needle and tear the skin to extract the hard build-up of white matter). I then GENTLY squeeze in a very superficial way using clean fingernails. The result is an immediate disappearance of the milia with absolutely no mark on my skin due to the fineness of the needle. Works like a dream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I have the occasional milia (milium?) appear somewhere on my face. When I was in my 20s, I had quite a few. I now get a very fine beading needle, run the tip under very hot water, dip it in alcohol, get out the 10x mirror (ugh!) and GENTLY insert the needle (sometimes I have to "lift" the milia with the needle and tear the skin to extract the hard build-up of white matter). I then GENTLY squeeze in a very superficial way using clean fingernails. The result is an immediate disappearance of the milia with absolutely no mark on my skin due to the fineness of the needle. Works like a dream.

Hmmm, sounds interesting, Antonia... I might have to try that (though I'm kinda scared to have needles that close to my eye!) Where does one get beading needles?? Do they have a particular brand - or a specific name/gauge?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I bought mine from a bead shop but they may have them at Michael's...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I bought mine from a bead shop but they may have them at Michael's...

Thanks so much, Antonia - I'll take a look and see if I can find some...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
You are most welcome Taobunny. It's important to dab the area first with alcohol and make sure the needle is clean. Then I poke gently at it until I can see a good hole or slit. When you squeeze, a very hard little ball of white should come out - quite unlike squeezing a zit. That's why you must make sure the opening is large enough.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I guess I need some milia treatment too. I've gotten mine removed by the dermatologist twice, but they keep coming back. What's the best PERMANENT method?
HeavenLeigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Hm...I used to have severe milia from using liquid sunscreens and foundations, they're the worst you can do. You can't remove them fast enough with glycolic acids and lactic acids, and *even* retin-A if you're using these liquid culprits which cause them to form in a matter of a few hours or days. I also tried naturalis, it did remove the smaller ones, but what I really needed to do was to stay away from clogging agents - including eyecream.

So, what I finally did was to get them manually removed by an esthetician, and stay away from liquid sunscreens (even the light watery ones!), foundations and rich eye creams.

I am now using a mineral sunscreen (302 recovery minerals), and an eye gel. Mineral foundation if I must, but only to cover up some beautiful blemish marks. lol Smile This routine has helped the used-to-be-insurmountable problem heaps and heaps, and the huge milia I used to get, never came back. I'm now just waiting for the tiny ones to go away on their own, which had formed because I needed and used an unsuitable eye cream some weeks ago. These tiny ones are more bearable and much better compared to what I used to get! 302 skincare helps heaps with the skin tone and moisturising it, and keeping the breakouts away etc... and I no longer need any rich moisturisers for winter to keep the skin hydrated, nor too much foundation to cover up pesky breakouts.

And as far as I know, no additional milia has formed on this routine!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:
I guess I need some milia treatment too. I've gotten mine removed by the dermatologist twice, but they keep coming back. What's the best PERMANENT method?

I think changing your skincare habits might be what's needed to get a permanent relief from these.

Some suggestions here have been good. Using a BHA will help, but can be so bad for the skin in the long run. It also may not be a *permanent* solution. I know because I tried that method for a couple years. I even used a 5% BHA on a regular basis along w/ Retin A and an occasional 15% peel. I had even been a long term user of Retin A (17 yrs). It got rid of some, but not all of them.

Needles will also help since they can break the tough 'covering' on top of the milia.

I've recently switched my skincare routine to the non-acid one of the 302 Skincare line and to my astonishment, one milia just disappeared on it's own (after having used the line for 3 months) and did not even need to be extracted. It was sitting on top of the skin while I was washing up - using a washcloth. I only needed to wipe it away.

The theory of 302 is to "Help establish an intact skin barrier", while some of their products are used to "visibly free [skin] of blemishes by dissolving excess sebum and thereby preventing its buildup in the pores and sebaceous glands."

I've had some success with this product, but it has taken me a while to get there (over 3 mos, so far). It was really cool seeing one of those milia just come up out from under the skin like that and get washed away - with out any harsh acids or extractions. I think using those strong acids like I did was causing more damage than good. It helped to keep the blimishes and blackheadsa/whiteheads at bay, but not really get rid of them, and I was ending up with flaky, thinner skin. On the downside, during my transition period, I've had a rash of breakouts pop up from not using acids over the last 3 months, but now my skin is acutally looking better without any new comedones around. It's just taking a while to get rid of all the old ones. Including the milia.

bethany - weren't you also using 302 while dermarolling? Perhaps that combo was what helped you.

I would also agree w/ Heavenleigh about not using liquid SS or foundations. It would be better to stick w/ mineral ones - and those can takle to things at once (SS AND foundation)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe, that sounds similar to my experience with 302 Smile Some milia just loosened and came out...In the past, the acids and retin-a would have just kept them small or kept sloughing off the top layer so they looked smaller...but my skin would look really thin as a result. And somehow I found that this made it even more susceptible to milia forming. Same with the naturalis milia treatment which I've tried too, it melts your skin and as a result the milia goes away (temporarily) before they come back with a vengeance with the cream topicals.

Now my skin is much stronger, the milia seems to be reducing continually. And Staying away!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Heavenleigh

It's good to hear others are experiencing the same w/ 302 and I'm not an anomaly.

Good news - I had another one pop up the other day that I could just swipe away. There's 2 more in the same spot (cluster of 'em) and I'm hoping those will come to the surface too.

Another thing I've experienced is some sebacious hyperplasia are disappearing/getting smaller & smaller. I had a couple 2 or 3 of those on my forehead. Very Happy

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |