Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Eye Drops for whiter whites?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I use Visine Clear Eyes.. it always solves my red eyes' issues.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for the discussion. I was wondering where one could get innoxa gouttes bleues in the US?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Thank you all for the discussion. I was wondering where one could get innoxa gouttes bleues in the US?

cat,

you can get them off of ebay, but in my opinion, they sell them for 3x the price there!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I have very dry eyes too and had my tear ducts cauterized (permanently closed.) I think its helped some. I do wear my glasses rather than contacts, more than ever though. If you are ever considering plastic surgery on your eyes (lids,) one thing they often don't warn you about, is that it can result in dry eyes. Hey, don't use eye whiteners!! Anything that constricts your blood vessels (to whiten them) will have an opposite effect afterwards. In other words, it will make your eyes look worse in the long run. Rolling Eyes
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I have very dry eyes too and had my tear ducts cauterized (permanently closed.) I think its helped some. I do wear my glasses rather than contacts, more than ever though. If you are ever considering plastic surgery on your eyes (lids,) one thing they often don't warn you about, is that it can result in dry eyes. Hey, don't use eye whiteners!! Anything that constricts your blood vessels (to whiten them) will have an opposite effect afterwards. In other words, it will make your eyes look worse in the long run. Rolling Eyes

I've always had a problem with red/dry/irritated eyes. Unfortunately, my ophalmalogist didn't warn me that after LASIK my eyes would get even worse b/c it would cause even more dryness. So, I ended up getting permanent eye plugs to block my tear ducts, but I still have a problem with dry/red eyes. My eye doc said not to use the whitening drops or the drops w/preservatives b/c in the long run they damage your eyes. He has me used the individual preservative free drops. I think Visine just came out w/drops that are preservative free, but are in a bottle. But the dispenser is difficult to work w/ & the fluid doesn't squirts out very abruptly. He said that keeping your eyes moisturized would help w/redness, but that hasn't been so in my case. It's also probably worse now b/c I've been reading for 8+ hours a day.

I do have the Verseo drops, which I only use for special occassions, so don't tell my doc k =0). I don't remember how "white" they got my eyes. I will try to find them & do a test on one eye. It should be pretty obvious if they are effective as my eyes are very red.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

I've always had a problem with red/dry/irritated eyes. Unfortunately, my ophalmalogist didn't warn me that after LASIK my eyes would get even worse b/c it would cause even more dryness. So, I ended up getting permanent eye plugs to block my tear ducts, but I still have a problem with dry/red eyes. My eye doc said not to use the whitening drops or the drops w/preservatives b/c in the long run they damage your eyes. He has me used the individual preservative free drops. I think Visine just came out w/drops that are preservative free, but are in a bottle. But the dispenser is difficult to work w/ & the fluid doesn't squirts out very abruptly. He said that keeping your eyes moisturized would help w/redness, but that hasn't been so in my case. It's also probably worse now b/c I've been reading for 8+ hours a day.

I do have the Verseo drops, which I only use for special occassions, so don't tell my doc k =0). I don't remember how "white" they got my eyes. I will try to find them & do a test on one eye. It should be pretty obvious if they are effective as my eyes are very red.

leidon,
thanks for your detailed response--please tell us how the verseo drops work for you... I think most of us here know not to use the whitening drops everyday, but I'd like to have some on hand for special occasions, too!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

Geez Leidon - are you my clone? My ophthalmalogist says I'm not a good candidate for lasik because of my dry eyes. I have the punctal plugs and use various eye drops. Some days, especially when it's cold or allergies - people think I'm stoned because my eyes get pink and glassy. Or I look like I'm crying as I use eye drops and they can't drain.
p.s. My kumu is moving back to Hawaii.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
nature's tear.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw an article inwww.Vitacost.com about various supplements that you can take to treat dry and red eyes. Maybe that would help?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that one thing I did for my dry eyes, was to go to my local compounding pharmacist and have them make some pure saline drops for me (free of all preservatives and other chemicals.) I had to keep it refrigerated, but it was a sterile and natural and relatively cheap. The drops were cold when I put them in my eyes, and it felt great. Also, when my eyes get really red and irritated, I put an ice gel pack on them, to constrict the blood vessels!
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking of supplements, in the Eureka-thread I think several girls who tried Hydraplenish reported moister eyes.

I did not notice any difference however.

Btw - I consulted my optician about red eyes last time I was there and he warned me that often the cleansing solution might be the problem (old news fore some I guess).

Different brands work for different people. This is obviously when using monthly lenses. I can't believe it got better when I switched from Bausch&Lomb to Opti Free! Hurray! This might work for others as well.

However - I am now using daily contacts, thought that might be even cleaner and more sterile with a fresh lense every day. But then, sadly, the red eyes are back again. Rolling Eyes

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
leidon wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

Geez Leidon - are you my clone? My ophthalmalogist says I'm not a good candidate for lasik because of my dry eyes. I have the punctal plugs and use various eye drops. Some days, especially when it's cold or allergies - people think I'm stoned because my eyes get pink and glassy. Or I look like I'm crying as I use eye drops and they can't drain.
p.s. My kumu is moving back to Hawaii.

Rjez you crack me up! I think I do look stoned w/my blood shot eyes, especially now since all I've been doing lately is studying for the bar exam. I really do walk around looking dazed & confused. Laughing I wish my ophalmologist warned me about the dry eye before I got the LASIK done. Oh no your kumu's leaving? Is she leaving someone behind to take over the halau?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
we have little bottles of pure saline (no preservative) and you have to toss them out one week after opening. they work out at about $2 a bottle if you buy in bulk and are pretty good.

Rhoto is actually the name of a pharmaceutical company in Japan and they make about two dozen different types of eye drops that range from around US$4 a bottle to US$9.

There are treatments for dry eyes, red eyes, allergy-riddled eyes, for allergy protection, tired eyes, to cool burning eyes, ones with HA in them, ones to give resistance to conjunctivitis, to help focus adjustment (called Eye Stretch Laughing ), night repair, and more!

That "eyegazms" seems to just be the name of a website that sells a few of the Rhoto eye drops sold in the USA. When i get time I am going to try and find the corresponding ones sold in Japan.

I would love to try innoxa's "gouttes bleues", but they are so expensive outside of Europe! The ones on the Verseo site look good (love the individual resealable container) - but ACK! expensive! vitacost.com offer an individually packaged one too called Similasan.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
For any of those that are interested in Collyre Bleu Laiter clear blue eye drops, they have them instock at alconeco dot com (last time I tried to place a link in a post , I was told I was too new a member for that.

Its usd $18 plus shipping, if you order an item that offers free shipping like the Fast Lash, fake eye lashes in a tube - your entire order is shipped free.

The Preo eyelash curler is awesome too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
If your eyes are not white it means you need to detox your liver. Drinking lot of lemon water will help also a product called liveraid by liverite will cleanse the liver and help clear the eyes.Its 11 for a big bottle at walmart.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
If your eyes are not white it means you need to detox your liver. Drinking lot of lemon water will help also a product called liveraid by liverite will cleanse the liver and help clear the eyes.Its 11 for a big bottle at walmart.

that would be a serious condition! i thought we were talking about red eyes here... although, i cannot even remember a time when me eyes were very white, like jessica simpsons'. i drink lots of lemon water every day already! i just think i read waaaaay too much.

green, do you think the collyre are better than the gouttes bleues?
--avalange

linda123
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Ladies

My opthamologist told me not to use the collyre blu or visine. They may get rid of the red but they are doing something to the blood vessels in they eye that is not good.

Linda
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
avalange

I have sensitive blue eyes that are dry and almost always red, and I have fallen in love with "Similasan" eye drops.

They do not make the eyes as white as Visine does, but they are homeopathic and are healing for the eyes, and I've found they've made my eyes brighter, especially as I continue to use them. I usually just use them in the morning and in the evening.

There was a thread earlier where they were mentioned by a few other people here who love them, too: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=21386

Walgreen's has them ... if you are near a Walgreen's, you might pick some up next time you are in and give them a try if you are still looking for some good eye drops.

-Cathy

Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |