Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

why are their eye balls so white??!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
well I'm glad to hear eyeballs are healthy! (THis is turning into a strange conversation?)
I think it's probably a bit of everything, genetics, diet etc. I'm sure smoking wouldn't help either.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
well i know smoking ganja (weed) would definitely not help. you can spot a pothead a mile away from their dilated blood vessels.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
dragonfruit wrote:
There is an eye drop called Mavala EyeLite which clears up any redness instantly.

Everywhere I look it seems to say "discontinued" and I see in 2004 Australia did a full product recall over preservative issues... I wonder if it is off the market?

The Mavala EyeBright was FANTASTIC stuff! I haven't been able to find it for a couple of years at least! I used to love that stuff!!!
Pudoodles
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
maybe its Photoshop???
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I think a product like visine....and keeeping it refrigerated. I don't think their eyes are naturally that white.
pennygirl

Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
YES photoshop
I do photo editing and one of the first things I do to make someone look better is lighten the whites of their eyes.. try it on your own photo sometime.. you will see

There was a product I bought over the web years ago .. something like Eye Bright??.. I tried googling it and couldnt find it
But it is blue .. it makes your eyes super white
I wear contact lenses and it didnt click when I bought it.. hello.. probably not safe to use with contacts so stopped using it.
It does really work though
NataliaT
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Well, firstly these celebrity pictures are professional and highly enhanced/photoshoped photos, usually taken when the celebs are in their "full armor", so don't believe what you see Smile.

But i do know people with very bright, kind-of blue-ish eyeballs; and it's just the way they are - like some people have very white teeth until old age..

I don't believe contacts or Visin make any difference - i use them, and they don't really change the look of my eyes.

A white/pearly shimmery pencil just underneath the lower lashes help to brighten the eyes and visibly make the eyeballs a little whiter.
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Collyre Bleu is another eye drop that whitens the whites and if you have blue eyes, it makes them bluer. I've read that celebrities and models use this all the time to brighten eyes.
Be careful with Visine, too much use can make the redness permanent. I don't know how but this is what I have heard. Personally, I have allergies and often my eyes feel irritated and are red. Plus staring at the computer all day at work and then again at night is probably mostly to blame. I use Simalasan drops, found them at CVS. They don't have the chemicals that Visine has. I do wonder if age has something to do with it too. When do you see young children with red eyes unless they are sick or have an illness.
havana8

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Innoxa Gouties Bleues lotion per les yeux is another one, more on the natural side, I think.
PinkLyfe
5% products discount

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
the beauty brains discussed this on their site in feb.
5 reviewers posted that the drops did nothing for them but help spend their money.

http://thebeautybrains.com/2008/02/18/can-collyre-bleu-eye-drops-make-your-eyes-blue/

Collyre Bleu Eye Drops ingredients:
Aqua, Boric Acid, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Extract, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Borate, C142051
Alicia
5% products discount

Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:55 am      Reply with quote
i think there are irritations, esp when they use makeup like eyeliners, how can they keep their eyes so white?

are they using some steroid eyedrops? would it be harmful?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
It is also an indication of liver health. My son has Gilberts syndrome, a hereditary but benign liver ailment where your billirubin count can rise when you are ill (jaundice) and I can always tell with him, because the whites are more yellow. That's how the doc taught me to monitor him at home.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
This piece of advice is in today's Sunday Express colour supplement.
It's by Bharti Vyas, a beautician who uses a lot of traditional Indian methods in her salon in London.

'To keep your eyes white and bright,
apply cold milk to your eyelids with
cotton wool each morning like a toner.'

I don't know if it works, but at least it won't cost anything!
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I have also looked into this because I have some serious dilated eye blood-vessels, especially in my right eye. People always ask me if I'm all right. I even had a clerk at an optometrist grimace and turn away saying she couldn't look at my bloodshot eyes!

Yes, this does seem to be hereditary, but there are other factors such as dryness, fatigue, eye strain (e.g. spending too much time in front of the computer screen) and allergies!

I do not suggest anyone use the eye whitening drops like Visine (which temporarily constrict blood vessels) because they are habit forming. They can have the opposite of the intended effect when you stop. However, they are useful once in a while for a special occasion.

I recently tried a natural homeopathic eye drop called "Similasan" for allergy relief (they make another for eye strain and one for dry eyes I think). I was not expecting anything but thought, why not? I was surprised to find it did make my irritated eyes less red and stingy.

Hope some of this helps!

Morphy
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
maybe its Photoshop???

one more voice for photoshop! Laughing

5% products discount

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with everyone that said eyedrops are really awful for your eyes. If you do it once in a blue moon for a special event and it's a must then I would recommend Naphcon eyedrops. I get really terrible allergies and I tried almost every kind and I found that Naphcon is the best when your sole intent is to get the red out. Hope that helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Momos wrote:
I agree with everyone that said eyedrops are really awful for your eyes. If you do it once in a blue moon for a special event and it's a must then I would recommend Naphcon eyedrops. I get really terrible allergies and I tried almost every kind and I found that Naphcon is the best when your sole intent is to get the red out. Hope that helps!

Totally agree. Naphcon works like a charm - but it's very easy to get addicted to having clear eyes and, therefore, it's easy to over-use eyedrops (which eventually cause irritation - the very thing you're trying to cure). I'm presently trying to ween myself off eyedrops - but I do hate having red eyes.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
florayen wrote:
My guess is it's mostly herediatary especially with regard to people with color.

just like their teeth are extra white,maybe it's the contrast of color.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, this is all Photoshop. No photographs (of celebrities) are printed without this digital software that has changed the way we look at "perfection".
Celebrities actually have "Photoshop clauses" in their contacts stating WHO is to do the Photoshop manipulation. Some people are much more skilled with the use of this software than others. Designers have a game we play: "find the worst Photoshop job". Websites are dedicated to this "sport".
While I believe that some actresses and models are naturally clear-eyed and genetics and lifestyle choices play a role in this clarity, the "otherworldly" unnatural clarity and whiteness of eyes (and the perfection of everything else) is digital "enhancement".
We can never measure ourselves against these images because these images are not real.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to say...I am very jaded when it comes to celebrities looks. SERIOUSLY, they look like US but they have good bone structure, etc. EVERYTHING you see in magazines is airbrushed to heck!!!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |