Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Online sample sales sites
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I joined four of these sites today: Editor's Closet, Gilt, RowNine, and HauteLook. Has anyone ever bought skincare or makeup products from an online sample sales site and if so, was it worth it in terms of price and quality? I guess I'm a little concerned that they're selling old products.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie,
I haven't yet but sounds intriguing, was there a cost to join? I think if they sold old stock they would lose customers pretty quickly!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I love samples. But I do not think it is legal for any website to sell samples. Samples are always not allowed for sale.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:53 am      Reply with quote
There wasn't any cost to join, DM. One of them, Gilt.com, will be offering Juice Beauty on Tuesday. I'm interested in seeing what kind of prices they'll offer.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Skippie!
I will definitely have to check them out now!
I really love to be able to try things out first instead of purchasing full size/cost first!
GREAT POST!
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I also belong to ruelala.com. They always have great brands. I have never bought skin products but I have bought other products and everything was fine. They have great deals. It's hard to pass up if they have what you're looking for.
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:14 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Thanks Skippie!
I will definitely have to check them out now!
I really love to be able to try things out first instead of purchasing full size/cost first!

Wow, I second the Thank You Skippie. This sounds great. Who wants to buy a full sized product only to end up hating it and then being stuck with it if you can't return it? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I belong to a few of these sites.

I only bought skin care once. The products were perfectly fine. I just realized that I really didnt need them - just got excited over hte price. Smile

If its a brand you know and like - then the cheaper prices definitely are a plus.

Also - these arent usually sample sizes by the way. So youre not really trying out a smaller size - just a cheaper price.

I know you can almost always return clothes - unless its a final sale. Im not sure what the return policies of skincare are.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
mb935,
Hi, as much money as we end up throwing away on full size full priced products, just to find they don't meet our expectations I'll take cheaper prices especially these days with the economic mess right now!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Just some sales coming soon:

100% Pure will be available on Hautelook today. You'll receive a .25 oz. of the coffee bean eye cream with any 100% Pure purchase. I am now using the eye cream and really like it under the Eye Tuck.

Editor's Closet is having a sale on Clinique today.

Gilt is in the process of selling Juice Beauty products and this sale will end very soon. They'll also be selling Becca Cosmetics later today. I'm planning to try out the mascara, because I've read great reviews on Makeupalley.
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
100% Pure will be available on Hautelook today. You'll receive a .25 oz. of the coffee bean eye cream with any 100% Pure purchase. I am now using the eye cream and really like it under the Eye Tuck.

Hi Skippie,

Just wondering how this eye cream compares to the illuminating cream that comes with the Tuck. Also, have you tried any other 100% Pure products? What do you like about them?

Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Songbird,

I gave up on the illuminating cream. I no longer use it. I think it made my puffiness look worse instead of better. I also like to use something more moisturizing under the tuck, which is why I like the 100% pure eye cream. I haven't used any of the other 100% pure products but I've heard good things about the masks (not that I need one at the moment).
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Skippie,

I too have been playing around with other eye creams under the tuck. I find if I "only" use the illuminating cream then my skin becomes dry although it does firm the skin well IMO. I may give the 100% Pure a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with both of you Skippie and Songbird I never tried the tuck but tried the illuminating eye cream, I don't have dry skin but this felt like it actually pulled the natural moisture right out of my skin. I know a lot swear by it but I couldn't use it. The fragrance also made my overly sensitive eyes tear.
How is this cream as far as fragrance goes? Hunting for an organic eye cream without all the perfume!
TIA
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:59 am      Reply with quote
DM, the 100% pure coffee bean eye cream smells like coffee when you first put it on. I love it in the morning because I feel it gives me that first shot of caffeine. Laughing I love the smell and it goes away much too quickly in my opinion.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,
Thanks, I am sucking down my morning coffee as I type, can't jump start a day without my one cup! I might have to give it a try, maybe my eyes won't mind the smell of coffee either LOL
I am so glad you started this thread Very Happy

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
DM, the 100% pure coffee bean eye cream smells like coffee when you first put it on. I love it in the morning because I feel it gives me that first shot of caffeine. Laughing I love the smell and it goes away much too quickly in my opinion.

Skippie & DM,

I ordered the coffee eye cream today. I'll report back after I've tried it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Songbird!
I will be waiting to hear how you like it, coffee sounds so good!
Very Happy
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I know DM. I could literally drink it 24hrs a day and would if it weren't so bad for me. Maybe when I get a craving I'll have to open up my eye cream and have a sniff Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird,
You know that sounds like a great idea, if my eyes won't tolerate it I could just use it on those upper lip lines and smell coffee all day!
Bet I wouldn't be able to keep myself to my one giant mug each morning! LOL best way to cheat use a really huge mug, and call it one cup.
Bad Grin
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:12 am      Reply with quote
You'll definitely love the smell, Songbird. It doesn't hang around long, though, but maybe just enough to hang on until you brew your first pot of coffee.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,
I don't know about Songbird but the first thing I do after my trip to the bathroom to brush teeth and hmmm you know is make my coffee! LOL The cream will have to wait until my one cup goes down!

DM
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Gilt is having a sale on Baby Quasar - Baby Blue is $262, Baby Quasar and Pure Silk Gel is $349, Power Pak (both Baby Quasars and Silk Gel) is $599, and SP Pro Superior is $925.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Exclusive Pre-Sale! Get 15% off + free shipping at SallyBeauty.com. *See disclaimer for details.
Use promo code 555262. Shop now >

Having trouble viewing this email? View it here. | Please add sallybeauty@email.sallybeauty.com

Do you have a new card?  Please contact customer service with your new card number. 

*Offer only valid online at SallyBeauty.com on orders $25 and up. To receive 15% off your entire order and free UPS standard ground shipping, add at least $25 worth of items to your cart and enter promo code 555262 in the space provided. The cost of shipping will not be deducted until you reach the payment screen. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on 11/24/09. May not be combined with any other offer. Excludes gift cards and equipment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is off-topic for this thread - but I like the eye tuck but I don't "get" the illuminating cream with it - AS in: What is the IC's purpose? I don't think the tuck needs it to do it's thing so really it's just and eye treatment product that may work for others but I'm not sure it did anything for me. (Maybe on the upper eyelids for glowy effect?)

Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Serum Line Lifting Transformation (30 ml / 1 oz) Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |