Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)
Need Help Finding Skin Lotion with Parsol
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bro787
5% products discount

Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I have been using Eucerin Daily Defense SPF 15 lotion for a few years. It is a nice, light body lotion that I could put on when I was just out and about and didn't want to use a heavy sunscreen. The best part was that it contained Parsol 1789 - "the" ingredient to look for in sunscreens. Anyway, I ran out and have been looking everywhere for it without luck. I finally contacted Eucerin and they said it has been discontinued Crying or Very sad

I haven't found any other regular skin lotion containing Parsol. THe only other SPF skin lotion I have found is Lubriderm, but it doesn't have any of the recommended sun care ingredients in it. Does anyone know of anything with Parsol or if not, then just a good all around body lotion with a good SPF?
Thanks!
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
hmmm...where did you hear that parasol is supposed to be good? I'd recommend dr. Hauschka's line with natural spf...if you really really want parasol- neutrogena has a spray on one with it in. Very Happy
bro787
5% products discount

Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I was diagnosed with basal cell skin cancer and every dermatologist I've been to has recommended Parsol As for Dr. Hauschka's(?) line as well as the Neutrogena one you mention, are they actual sunscreens to use say, at the beach? What I"m looking for is just an everyday out and about lotion that doesn't smell like suntan lotion nor is it as thick as suntan lotion. Are either one of those like that? What do you like about Dr. Hauschka? Thanks for the input!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
If I were you, I would be getting the highest protection that I could, like La Roche Posay. I use the Fluide Extreme 60, which is SPF 60, PPD 28. It is not heavy, but it is oily. The LPR products in the SPF 30 range are probably less oily though, an definitely worth a look IMO. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about the skin cancer! yes- like Faith writes, you should look into higher levels of SPF. A friend of mine got a total sunblock through prescribtion.

I like dr H. cause it's natural...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/Dr-Hauschka-Holistic-Sun-Care.htm
I've read reports of certain types of SPF actually causing skin-cancer, but I urge you to do your own research since I mainly read natural health/organic magazines and books...

When I used Neutrogenas SPF 30 parasol spray...it really stung my eyes and skin, my eyes litterarly started crying! So if you decide to go with Parasol, try it first (I don't even have sensitive skin).

Also hats (I love my straw-cowboyhat) are a good addition Very Happy
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil moisturizer with spf 15 has parsol and is one of the few sunscreens that is photostable. Blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Although it's only spf 15, CR magazine reported that it's actually closer to spf 25. I use it on days when I don't go out or it's raining and I don't need a lot of protection. It's not sticky or heavy like most sunscreens, doesn't leave you shiney, makeup goes on great over it, you can get it in any Canadian (and I'm sure American) drugstores and it's cheap.

I discovered it by reading one of the other forums and people were raving about it, especially the part about being photostable and good for acne prone skin. Not good for a day at the beach but I hate wearing my expensive, high spf sunscreen on a rainy day when I'm inside all day, and since I live in BC where it rains 90% of the winter, I quite like it.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |