Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Is Your Anti Aging Routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
projectbeauty wrote:
Quote:
Get your vitamin D naturally

"Sunshine triggers your body to produce vitamin D, and it's the best source of this vitamin, which helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis and many cancers. I spend about 15 minutes a day in the sun, taking a brisk walk or participating in some other activity, without wearing sunscreen. Don't go overboard, though. Any longer than 15 minutes or so increases your risk of skin damage."

I find it interesting that lot's of women choose to stay out of the sun entirely, which is one of the worst things you can do.

I make sure I get at least 15 minutes of DIRECT sunlight each and every day.

It's only direct sunlight that offers UVB rays, which allow for vitamin D. Getting non-direct sunlight means you're skin is being hit with UVA and that's what ultimately causes sun damage to your skin.

Vitamin D is amazing for your skin and you need it everyday. After all, we did evolve in the sun so you can imagine just how necessary it is to our survival.

I take the supplement D3 all year from 5000 IU to 10,000 IU a day (one drop of the liquid is equivalent to 1000 IU). People living in the northern hemisphere only get 6 months worth of enough sunshine to make vitamin D a year, so relying on just the sun is why people's immunities are so compromised in winter months. What's more, my dark skin means it's harder for vitamin D synthesis to occur--which is why people of color tend to be deficient in vitamin D.

I don't avoid the sun altogether. I don't mind exposure early in the morning or late in the afternoon. But it's usually my arms and legs exposed as I tend to have sunblock on my face and a hat on in the summer.
chiapet24

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Age 39

Skin Care:

Morning, in order
1. cleanse with clarisonic/mild soap (Dove)
2. vit C+AHA (15%/10%) serum (Skinceuticals)
3. SPF 50 physical sunblock (Shiseido)
4. tinted pressed powder (Shiseido) in summer OR cream foundation (Shiseido) in winter (noticed no one's mentioning makeup - granted it's not anti aging per se, but i've found it to be a vital final step in getting my skin to look its best)

Night, in order
1. cleanse with clarisonic/salicylic acid cleanser (Neutrogena Oil-Free grapefruit)
2. retinol 1.0% (Skinceuticals)
3. moisturizer w/niacinamide, antioxidants (Olay Total Effects)

Exercise:
5x week run on treadmill 30 min
2x week weightlifting 30 min

Diet:
max 1750 cal/day. one cup of green tea/day. no supplements yet.

RE: skincare, I've tried various products with these ingredients and found this is the most efficient way to combine everything in the least amount of layers with retinol/vit C not used together. Effects have been good over the past 6 mos. Vit C seems to give my skin a brighter, more golden color, AHA gives it clarity, retinol creates an even tone and salicylic cleanser has stopped breakouts. I plan to switch the retinol for prescription tretinoin (Renova) in the fall provided I can get it.

RE: exercise, I plan to switch from running since I've heard the impact loosens facial skin, to something lower impact like walking or stationary bike.

RE: diet, mine's not that great outside caloric control. Smile

Curious about: LED, microdermabrasion, HGH!
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Is yr C and AHA a combined serum or you use 2 serums?
chiapet24

Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Hey DebM Smile it's the combined serum by Skinceuticals. I bumped up to using that after using a separate 10 percent AHA cream and 10 percent Vit C before. I wanted to add retinol to my routine but wanted to limit the layers.
beccachan
5% products discount

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Supplements:
Olympian labs grape seed extract

Products:
Cellex-c
nickky_shygirl
5% products discount

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Mine is:

AM: Obagi C cleanser/toner/c serum/sunscreen
PM: I alternate between a Retinal A cream (owndoc.com) A copper peptide and rose hip oil emu oil for the face + True radiance eye cream.

Clarasonic x3 week
PMD x 1 week
Derma Roll x 1/2 a week
Derma Stamp x1 per month

Mask: Kelp with coconut oil once a week (i'm semi DIY)

Vitamins:
Vitamin e/c/a/Q10 + restvertol and Acai

I also drink a shot of Apple cider vinegar diluted with zeolite in the morning.

And Chlorophyll during the day (most days)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi nickky_shygirl. Can you tell me how you prepare your kelp/coconut oil mask? I'm mostly interested in the kelp part.

And I'm a little intrigued at your ingesting acv/water with zeolite. I've never heard of ingesting the combination of acv with even clays before. Is there a particular reason why you're doing this?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
nickky_shygirl
5% products discount

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Loria,

My mother is a naturopath and she swears by the ACV/Zeolite mix. Truthfully I'm not sure how it works but I know my mother is in her 60's and people think she is my sister (I'm 32). She honestly doesn't look a day over 40!.

I actually just buy sea kelp from my local health food shop.

I mix the kelp with some distilled water and emu oil.

The Virgin Coconut oil needs to be slightly heated (it solidifies when it's cold) I usually pop the jar in a pan with some warm water to melt it. Once the oil is runny I add a table spoon VCO to the kelp mix (be warned it's a smelly combination).

I brush the mixture all over my face. Leave it on for 20 minutes then rinse it off with warm water. This mask makes my skin look brighter/smoother/softer. It really is a life saver if you have dull looking skin!

5% products discount

Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
terraaus wrote:
I forgot to add Frownies to my routine.

I get all of my supplemnts from GNC or Amazon.

The Gerovital GH3 changes my skin color to look healthier.It also firms over time. The HGH makes my body and face firmer. Neocell Collagen makes my hair and skin thicker check https://crepe-erase.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html.Hair Skin and Nails vitamins improves, hair, skin and nails. as the name states. Biotin makes my hair grow and prevents my hair from thinning. Fish oil adds a glow to my skin. MSM and DMAE both tighten my skin.

My neck looks fine if I add my Neckline Slimmer device to my routine, but I am looking for something easier like a good cream. I do not use any of my devices on a consistent basis. I'm sure I would have no problems if I did.

I am looking for some much needed advice. I have been using for sometime the Le Mirador skin care line (which I so completely love...my skin has never looked better). The only problem is that apparently the makers of this line of products have decided to work on a new line of products, but until it's available I have no way to purchase the things I use because they have apparently been discontinued. I definintely can't wait until they are offering their new line which I guess will be sometime this year, but no one knows when. I am desperately looking for some skincare suggestions. My skin can sometimes be prone to breakouts. It tends to be oily in the summer, but sometimes it feels a little dry. I am looking for moisturizing and anti-aging for sensitive skin. Anyone use a product they absolutely love? Thanks.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I am a huge fan of Phyto-C which was also IS Clinical. I love their Active, Proheal and Super Serums, along with their HydroCool lotion.
Also Suki has good scrubs, Thalgo has good moisturizers along with Valmont on the upper end.

Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |