Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)
What Is Your Anti Aging Routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Exercise - a little every day using body weight, and some cardio (ex. bike or treadmill)

Gardening in season, shoveling snow in season

Eat lots of vegetables and fruit, measure protein to make sure it's enough

dance dance dance!

Dr. Pickert's Protect and Restore

Some DIY filler as needed

Daily Tua T'rend (thanks J), Safetox - trying to find alternative to botox

ReAura and derma pen for continuing rejuvenation

Read funny books when feeling blue

Stay out of the sun, use a sunbrella, and if I MUST be in the sun: hat, long sleeves, and SPF 60

When I feel happy, I make a note of that with gratitude

did I mention dance dance dance?

I am 60, soon 61
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Face exercising and using sunscreen are the anti-aging measures I take.

My healthy diet and supplement intake are really for total health not so much anti-aging measures, but if they help with slowing down my body's withering, then that's a bonus rather than the focus behind my healthy lifestyle.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Exercise - a little every day using body weight, and some cardio (ex. bike or treadmill)

dance dance dance!

Stay out of the sun, use a sunbrella, and if I MUST be in the sun: hat, long sleeves, and SPF 60

I am 60, soon 61

I'm stuck on DIY filler Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Clarisonic
PMD
Nuface
LED
Hyaluronic acid cleansers & toners
Peptides (matrixyl, copper, etc.)
retinoids
Pilates
yoga
Tracy Anderson mat
walking
Ray Peat diet (PUFA restricted--1-3 eggs few eggs per week; no nuts, seeds, salmon, vegetable oils or fish oil; coconut oil, a lot of protein and sugar from fruit)
supplements: aspirin, calcium, progesterone, thyroid
sunscreen
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
mismis wrote:

dance dance dance!

I am 60, soon 61

Yes. Me too. I reread that more than a few times to make sure I understood correctly.
jennybistro
5% products discount

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
The first and most important thing is that I drink plenty of water and eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. Also, exercise is something without which I cannot live. Also, I use Dermasome Hydrate to moisturize my skin and keep it oil free. For the fine lines, smoker and laugh lines, Dermastrips Face Lifts has given an effective solution to me. I am very conscious about my diet. Though flexible, I keep it healthy and limited.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Mismis - we are dying to know - what is the do yr own filler????
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:50 am      Reply with quote
yes, please explain DIY filler!

Confused
BFG
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if I caused confusion - what I mean by DIY filler is that I INJECT it myself as needed. Concocting filler oneself would probably be a dangerous proposition, and I would not recommend it. We've all read news stories of the desperate who inject themselves with silicone meant for caulking or with cooking oil. I inject hyalauronic acid filler made specifically for dermal filling that comes in a sterile syringe.

While it is not rocket science, it is not something that should be done without a lot of study beforehand as one can compromise the veins, arteries and nerves if ignorant of proper practice and anatomy. Even MDs occasionally have a bad outcome that can cause tissue necrosis. That being said, there are many who have taken this route and are happy with the results.

I am more than happy to put in the study time (something I continually do, it has become a passion), I am also delighted with my results.

This works for me, but it definitely is not to be taken lightly, and it is not for everyone.

I would never manufacture a DIY filler, though. The risks are too great.

I am writing this with my newly filled hands, something that would only be possible for me with the DIY route as the sticker price is quite large. Filler is something that can correct the appearance of many of the skeletal deterioration and tissue migration changes associated with age and in conjunction with facial exercise can really restore the face. I have recently ventured into filling the lateral neck rings having read that stretched skin produces more fibroblasts - what I hope there is that it will actually assist my derma pen treatments in increasing collagen. HA filler has been shown to stimulate collagen production.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to be able to do it but I'd be afraid I'd hit something. How often do u do yr face?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I use filler less and less - and this seems to be something that happens with many usersof HA fillers. So I am assuming that there is some stimulation of collagen.

The first venture into filling I used quite a bit over about four months, gradually and carefully going over the areas of most concern. After that it is just touch ups every 6 - 8 months or so, and one uses a lot less product. The timing for this may be somewhat dependant on one's metabolism.

I like to use a range of modalities for rejuvenation: laser, PCIT, filler, facial exercise and topicals (for me that would be copper peptides).

Filler will restore the contour of the face, but to correct the opaque and slack complexion issues, other solutions need to be used. I am amazed at how effective facial exercise is in restoring certain areas and will probably never fill my lips or perioral area again - it seems better to actually bring that back in the most natural way, and I have learned it is possible.

But for some critical areas - the temples for instance which make a huge difference in the perceived youthfulness of a face - filler is ideal.

Again, this is not for everyone. Only those who are willing to take up a great deal of time in study and are able to perform the augmentations in a meticulous and sterile manner. 'Course you can always to a professional if you can afford that.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi mismis,

Would you expand on your Tua Trend usage? Do you feel that one can overuse the muscles of the face or destroy collagen with the Tua? Do you use it on your neck?

Thanks!
Mary
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I have only been using Tua Trend for 12 weeks, but I am extremely impressed. It is the icing on the cake after using filler.

Like many I have some side to side asymmetry, and the tua has addressed this brilliantly. For the first month I used it twice a day on the slack side, once a day on the other; now I just do everything once a day. Because of my age (60) I will probably have to continue to use it assiduously, a serious commitment in time. But as it does deliver results, I am happy to do so. I also love the feeling in my face after - it really is a gym for the face.

I think Tua is an excellent device if a person has issues with facial sagging. If not, it may prevent it, but you will not see the visible results that come from correcting sag. With all devices the key seems to be to get the one that best addresses the issues one has. I had sagging and it worked very well. I will never be without aTua and rank it right up there with my ReAura, which I love.

MC, if you would care to see pictures of my results, pm me with your email address. I do not care to post my picture publicly, but I am happy to share. The pictures show progress at 10 weeks (I had a temple augmentation since and that adds something else)>
jenhailey26

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
for me, i drink plenty of water
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great and motivating thread

I do ashtanga yoga 4 times a week and train hard for aerial arts. I feel this helps with antiaging because it make me feel good

I try to limit wine to one glass a week

skin care
obagi
vit c
once yearly bloodwork to see what supplements I need
judicious use of sunscreen
facial exercise
microcurrent

diet
I try to eat lots of protein and also to eat very litlle sugar

concerns I have

I feel that I am a natural sagger, meaning I am nervous that I may get a saggy neck and jawline no matter what I do

also I am concerned about the amount of time energy and sometimes money it takes to stay as young as possible, lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure mine qualifies as an "anti-aging routine", but more like just LIFE Laughing

Gadgets (infrequently + irregularly):

Vaculifter
Microcurrent
LED
Dermaroller

Topicals (DIY exclusively)

Antioxidants!
Antioxidants!
Antioxidants!
Oils (meadowfoam, evening primrose, almond, jojoba, sesame, soybean & hazelnut)

Supplements:

Vitamin C 1,000mg/day
MSM 1,000mg/day
Calcium 1200mg/day

Diet:

Anything and everything BUT, in moderation

Spa's, Derms, Fillers, Botox (or the like)

Nada, zilch, nanda. Sad to say, I've never even had a facial in my life. Maybe one of these days I'll check something out, but to be honest, I just really don't care about any of that (yet.. Laughing )

Exercise:

My grandkids keep me hopping quite nicely...

That's about it for me... Boring, but effective Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
mismis wrote:

dance dance dance!

***What is DIY filler???

I am 60, soon 61

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
What is DIY filler?? Thanks, all!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm turning 36 this year and I feel like I've been able to stabilize and even reverse my skin's aging to a large degree. It had started to fall apart around age 30 with textural changes, larger pores and nasolabial/smile lines appearing overnight. Low hormones were a factor. It's looking really good lately, though!

Diet:
Paleo/Primal (this has helped my skin- no more cystic acne!). This kind of diet, if it includes bone broths, gelatin, and meats cooked on the bone, is great for maintaining collagen and connective tissue and reducing inflammation and glycation.

I take a number of supplements, but the anti-aging/skin ones would be:
-Silica
-Gelatin powder
-Curcumin (Theracurmin)
-MSM
-Evening primrose oil
-Fo-Ti (keeps the grays away and helps with hair shedding).
-Custom Chinese herbs (my skin has been super clear lately and I'm positive it's from the herbs. They contain schizandra, which is great for holding moisture in the skin and keeping it young).

Skin care routine:

Morning:
-Wash with NCN's microfiber cloth and water. I never use my Clarisonic anymore because this cloth is so awesome!
-Prickly pear seed oil (also known as barbary fig) to moisturize. It's wonderfully anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and high in antioxidants. I mix it with witch hazel or rosewater.
-Celsus scar cream (peptide cream) on lines
-Devita Ultra Solar SPF 50

-A few facial exercises for maintenance (rather than building) and occasionally some Tanaka massage.

Evening:
-Either oil cleanse with extra virgin avocado oil or with NCN microfiber cloth
-Witch hazel or rosewater to tone
-NCN 5-5-5 Spot Remover (niacinamide/NAG cream)to even skin tone and reverse sun damage
-Prickly pear seed oil (or extra virgin avocado oil in the winter).

Weekly:
-Mask with rhassoul, sea clay, matcha powder, and sometimes a few dissolved aspirin for extra exfoliating.

Occasionally:
Perfect Complexion Apeel Correct (retinoic acid peel)

Body:
-Extra virgin avocado oil
-Devita Ultra Solar SPF 50 if I'm going to be in the sun awhile.
-Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Age Repair Body Lift (on my stretch marks/knees- I just started using it, so we'll see how it goes!)
-Dry brushing
-Bellabacci cups
-Weekly cold baths. They do something magical for overall skin softness and health.

Exercise:
Physique 57 dvd. Love it! It's really helping me to get in shape and lose fat (including belly fat!) and it works fast. I tend to get skinnyfat but now I actually have muscle!

Other:
-Qigong (like Tai Chi- one of the Chinese energetic arts). Qigong is a huge fountain of youth if you practice regularly and get good at it. I've noticed that old qigong practitioners always look really good for their age. My qigong teacher told me that he actually had some wrinkles soften and reverse (he's in his late 60's) Smile
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
skincare routine:
day
cef + lp eye cream + hydrating serum + moisture cream + sunscreen

night
retinol from skinceuticals + lp eye cream + moisture cream

I'm currently using moisture cream from ptr, and planning to change to valmont
jenhailey26

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:41 am      Reply with quote
for me, it is H20 and exercise..
ZoeyStar

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:25 am      Reply with quote
My doctors advice that I adhere to:

Skip sugar, avoid wrinkles

"Avoiding foods that cause blood sugar spikes--such as products with sugar and white flour--controls inflammation, which my decades of research show is the single greatest precipitator of aging. Inflammation leads to wrinkled, sagging skin, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and some cancers."

Commune with nature

"Going outside, breathing the fresh air, and seeing the magnificent planet that we're lucky to live on renews my spirits every day. Spending time in a park, at the beach, or even just on a tree-lined street is a safe and very enjoyable method for reducing the deadly, aging effects of stress. A walk outside provides benefits that your treadmill cannot."

Mix weights with yoga

"I've incorporated yoga poses into my strength-training sessions so I maintain flexibility while building muscle mass."

Stay hydrated

"Drink at least six glasses of pure springwater and a few cups of green tea each day. Fluid helps your body process nutrients, and the tea contains powerful antioxidants that fight aging and disease."

Get your vitamin D naturally

"Sunshine triggers your body to produce vitamin D, and it's the best source of this vitamin, which helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis and many cancers. I spend about 15 minutes a day in the sun, taking a brisk walk or participating in some other activity, without wearing sunscreen. Don't go overboard, though. Any longer than 15 minutes or so increases your risk of skin damage."

Regarding my personal routine (besides the above), I use the 2 Minute Miracle Gel by Ice Elements exclusively. I have never found it's equal.
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:04 am      Reply with quote
ZoeyStar wrote:
My doctors advice that I adhere to:

Skip sugar, avoid wrinkles

"Avoiding foods that cause blood sugar spikes--such as products with sugar and white flour--controls inflammation, which my decades of research show is the single greatest precipitator of aging. Inflammation leads to wrinkled, sagging skin, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and some cancers."

Commune with nature

"Going outside, breathing the fresh air, and seeing the magnificent planet that we're lucky to live on renews my spirits every day. Spending time in a park, at the beach, or even just on a tree-lined street is a safe and very enjoyable method for reducing the deadly, aging effects of stress. A walk outside provides benefits that your treadmill cannot."

Mix weights with yoga

"I've incorporated yoga poses into my strength-training sessions so I maintain flexibility while building muscle mass."

Stay hydrated

"Drink at least six glasses of pure springwater and a few cups of green tea each day. Fluid helps your body process nutrients, and the tea contains powerful antioxidants that fight aging and disease."

"Sunshine triggers your body to produce vitamin D, and it's the best source of this vitamin, which helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis and many cancers. I spend about 15 minutes a day in the sun, taking a brisk walk or participating in some other activity, without wearing sunscreen. Don't go overboard, though. Any longer than 15 minutes or so increases your risk of skin damage."

Regarding my personal routine (besides the above), I use the 2 Minute Miracle Gel by Ice Elements exclusively. I have never found it's equal.

Is Miracle Gel the only skincare u use?
ZoeyStar

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes because it acts as a exfoliant, cleanser, toner, pore minimizer, hydrator, and primer all in one.
projectbeauty
5% products discount

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

I find it interesting that lot's of women choose to stay out of the sun entirely, which is one of the worst things you can do.

I make sure I get at least 15 minutes of DIRECT sunlight each and every day.

It's only direct sunlight that offers UVB rays, which allow for vitamin D. Getting non-direct sunlight means you're skin is being hit with UVA and that's what ultimately causes sun damage to your skin.

Vitamin D is amazing for your skin and you need it everyday. After all, we did evolve in the sun so you can imagine just how necessary it is to our survival.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |