Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Gehwol Gerlavit Moor Vitamin Cream - Facial Care (75 ml / 2.6 oz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Neem oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Has anyone got neem oil? I bought a bottle yesterday and it smelled yucky. I dont know whether that's the way its supposed to smell or if it's gone bad??

the information says
Aromatic Scent:Neem essential oil has a rich, earthy, green musty smell.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Neem never smelled bad to me..is the smell really strong and rancid?
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
yes very strong. I mixed it with lavender and rosemary but it din't help. It smelled kinda garlic-ish.

what do you usually use neem oil for? do you use it in oil form?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I have a bottle of Neem Oil and your right it sinks Shock Laughing
Yes is does have a garlic type smell.
It is suposed to smell like this, I also have to use the handle end of a spoon to get it out of the bottle!!
I am afraid I have never really found anything to mask the smell, after a while it stopped bothering me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud - what do you use neem oil for? I was thinking of mixing it in my OCM mixture, but I'm not so sure now since the smell does put me off..

I bought it because I read about the healing properties on topical skin disorders such as eczema and acne.

oh..well, its good to know that at least it isnt gone bad!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I did make up a couple of batches of homemade Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream with some Neem Oil in, I just kind of got used to the smell.....I must have a strong nose Laughing

One thing I did find, the oil is not 'runny/liquid like', so I had to heat my jar up and put the Neem oil in first, then add all my other ingredients.

I actually first purchased the Neem Oil to try any treat Verrucas, but I did not have the patience to apply it every day!!!
My SO has been using it on a rash he has developed and it is helping.
When my skin flares up I like to mix a little bit into my day oil to treat the skin, yes the smell is not so good, but after a week of this my skin looks really clear.
I have also read reports of how effective it is in treating MRSA.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Neem oil does stink......in India....people apply neem oil to people whose skin is itchy....or if you have nits........then apply neem oil....leave on for about 6 hours....make sure its covered with cling film....then the nits will all die....and fall out...............

regards Karina
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
I did a scalp treatment on friday night with this as my head was itchy not nits Laughing I mixed it with some coconut & jojoba oil then tried to mask the smell with no luck with plenty of essential oils Confused after a thorough washing next morning my mother reckoned my head smelt like fried onions that had gone cold Embarassed

It does pong but if you get skin/scalp problems I do recommend it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Why do these miracle products (Apple Cider Vinegar, Neem Oil.....) have to pong so much!!!

Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Vitamin C Lactic 15% Vitamin C Firm & Bright Serum (30 ml / 1.0 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |