Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)
Cellular Skin RX C + Firming Serum OR PSF vit c serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I can“t figure out which would be best for my acne prone, combo-dry skin?
Mabsy

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
From memory, CSRx has the more substantial texture. Out of those two I would go with the PSF for my normal sometimes combo skin - but that is based purely on the texture of it and how it feels on my skin. The good news is that both are very stable Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I have normal/dry skin and love the CSRX C+firming. I have used other C serums that were too drying for me. Haven't tried the PSF one though, but think it might suit your skin type more.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin and I found the PSF vit. C serum too shiny on my skin, due to the glycerine content. Now I know to avoid serums with glycerine in them.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy put these in a list of most watery to least watery in a recent thread.

Quote:
...if you have oily skin then chances are that you might prefer a more watery serum. IN that case Skinceuticals C serum, IS Clinical, and maybe PSF Skincare or Vivier.

I agree with PocoLoco. I used to use the SkinCeuticals and liked it but it was so expensive that I switched to PSF. I noticed that I have to use less now or I will break out, so don't think I'll be going with Vivier unless it doesn't contain the glycerin. I have seriously been considering the CellularRx brand. Does anyone know where to place this in our "lineup"?
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite vit C serum is Vivant Spintrap. It's 15% L-ascorbic acid, plus the spintrap antioxidant. Very nice texture...not too watery, no glycerin, no sting. Very Happy You can buy it atwww.betterhealthyskin.com orwww.dianayvonne.com (but you have to send these folks an email and ask for it, as it's listed on their "private skin care board.")
Mabsy

Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
I agree with PocoLoco. I used to use the SkinCeuticals and liked it but it was so expensive that I switched to PSF. I noticed that I have to use less now or I will break out, so don't think I'll be going with Vivier unless it doesn't contain the glycerin. I have seriously been considering the CellularRx brand. Does anyone know where to place this in our "lineup"?

The CSRx serum is the most "substantial" of the listed ones - so to the right of Vivier on that list. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Mabsy.

If I was going to go "to the right" of PSF it would have to not contain glycerin. I don't mind if it is more substantial. Anyone else here who is acne prone with dry skin who is using and liking Vivier or CellularSkinRx? Please join us.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:54 am      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
If I was going to go "to the right" of PSF it would have to not contain glycerin. I don't mind if it is more substantial. Anyone else here who is acne prone with dry skin who is using and liking Vivier or CellularSkinRx? Please join us.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Vivier is propylene glycol based and CSRx is butylene glycol (I don't know much about either for acne prone skin, sorry). To be honest, if I had acne prone skin I would be staying in that middle ground just to be safe...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
both the prop. and but. glycols score well on the acnegenic/irritancy scale (both have green happy faces and ratings of 0 or 1).

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco, what a cool site! I have experienced many of the unhappy red faces listed on this site, it is pretty right on. Thanks!
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
So, it seems there is still the unanswered question for Sharkbait as to which to choose - cellularRx or PSF.

What I understand so far is that cellularRx is more "substantial" in feel but not necessarily "greasier" ingredients wise than PSF, and that the PSF contains glycerin and two of us have experienced that as being too problematic for our acne prone skin.

Sharkbait, have you decided what to try?
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think I“ll go for the Cellular Rx to begin with. I can add it to my order here at EDS, and not many people seem to have had a problem with it. I“d love to try PSF, but samples aren“t available here in Scandinavia, so I might order a full size later.

Thanks for your help, all of you!
Mabsy

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
What I understand so far is that cellularRx is more "substantial" in feel but not necessarily "greasier" ingredients wise than PSF, and that the PSF contains glycerin and two of us have experienced that as being too problematic for our acne prone skin.

The CSRx feels too oily on my skin. I know it's not oily itself but it feels like it so I call it "substantial" but I just don't like the texture for my normal-typed skin. I know others use it and have no problems so it is a perference issue.

Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |