Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Gehwol Gerlavit Moor Vitamin Cream - Facial Care (75 ml / 2.6 oz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Recommendation for talc free/natural/organic pressed powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
As the title really, ideally a talc free, organic pressed face powder - I need it to be REALLY fair though! I can't seem to get one that's all of those or that will deliver to the UK. I want something sheer just for touch ups through the day.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I can only think of the loose powder: Jurlique Silk dusts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Thaks Rosebud - I have used the dusts but they aen't very practical for carrying around!LOL! I cannot believe that I can't find a pressed powder thats a pale colour and not full of talc and other nasties! Surely I can't be the only one looking for such a product?

I've tried carrying loose powder and what ever the container it always seems to get all over the inside of my bag/purse. Very irritating.

The quest continues.............. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I 2nd Rosebud’s recommendation for the Jurlique Silk Dusts, and I think I have a solution for you regarding the “mobility” issue:

I bought a refillable powder compact from Bare Essentials (it’s supposed to be used to cart around the loose mineral foundation or their “Mineral Veil”) that I use to carry some of my beloved Rose Silk Dust with me.

The compact is tightly sealed so nothing spills out and – as “backup protection” – also comes with a small zippered pouch in which to keep the compact to ensure there is no chance of making a mess in your makeup or handbag.

Here’s a link to the compact from Sephora so you can see what I’m talking about: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61031&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5737

I tried very hard to find a similar compact because I wasn’t keen on spending $25 for it, but was never able to find any other compact for carrying loose powders. I finally gave in and spend the money for it and haven’t regretted it! Sometimes you can find the BE refillable compact for much less on Ebay so you might want to have a look.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ecco Bella sells a talc-free pressed powder:

http://www.eccobella.com/index.asp?cat=Cosmetics&spage=psearch&pid=185064
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies!
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Physician's Formula has talc-free pressed powder...I am no expert so I am not sure how pure or good their stuff is Confused
Marichka
5% products discount

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia, I know it's been a while since you posted... But I was wondering whether you found what you were looking for? I need exactly the same: a translucent powder for touch-ups that I could carry in my purse.... Thank you!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Marichka--Why not use blotting papers?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I 2nd Rosebud’s recommendation for the Jurlique Silk Dusts, and I think I have a solution for you regarding the “mobility” issue:

I bought a refillable powder compact from Bare Essentials (it’s supposed to be used to cart around the loose mineral foundation or their “Mineral Veil”) that I use to carry some of my beloved Rose Silk Dust with me.

The compact is tightly sealed so nothing spills out and – as “backup protection” – also comes with a small zippered pouch in which to keep the compact to ensure there is no chance of making a mess in your makeup or handbag.

Here’s a link to the compact from Sephora so you can see what I’m talking about: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61031&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5737

I tried very hard to find a similar compact because I wasn’t keen on spending $25 for it, but was never able to find any other compact for carrying loose powders. I finally gave in and spend the money for it and haven’t regretted it! Sometimes you can find the BE refillable compact for much less on Ebay so you might want to have a look.

I might just have to pay 25 dollars for this thing. I would love to be able to carry around my Jurlique Silk Dust.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
The bareMinerals Refillable Mirror Compact is a neat idea!
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Aveda Dual powder foundation is also talc free !And you can only buy a refill that come in a plastic case is you want to save $$$. They have colors for fair skin.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

Never used these Embarassed But it might be a nice alternative to a powder, if it really can make my T-zone less shiny (even in hot weather) without adding make-up... thank you for your advice!
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
[/u]
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:40 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale has a pressed finish powder in a light translucent color as well as a pressed oil control primer. It's not all "organic" though. http://janeiredale.com/products/bases.html

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jane-iredale-absence-oil-p_2903.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jane-iredale-facial-blott-p_6306.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jane-iredale-pressed-mine-p_1704.htm
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if JI is organic but I have to say that I do like the pressed powder foundation. I use this as powder not foundation and I like the coverage that it gives. And it's talc free at least.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Marichka wrote:
vonstella wrote:

Never used these Embarassed But it might be a nice alternative to a powder, if it really can make my T-zone less shiny (even in hot weather) without adding make-up... thank you for your advice!

I use them b/c I dislike adding makeup through out the day (organic or not), they wisk oil away and wont smudge or ruin your existing makeup!

Clean & Clear is the best I have ever used, you can get 50 for about $5USD.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304861&navAction=jump&navCount=1&skuid=sku304130&id=prod4130#

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
If your planning on trying the bloting paper these are the ones I try ...
-Anna Sui, these are the best one but I can find them in Quebec so I got to make a 3hrs trip to get them
-Proactiv, pretty good and you get a lot for the price
-Shiseido, not bad but to much powder on them
-Clen & Clear, Clinique ,MAC, all the same plastic texture..I dont feel the bloting as much and I dont like to spread plastic all over my face it feel weird.

Hope that will help ! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I use Clean and Clear blotting paper too. Its the most reasonable priced and it does a good job at keeping shine at bay Smile

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
You don't have to spend $25 for the BE container - Sephora sells one for $4 - I use this one for my purse, comes in handy, has never spilled...

Powder jar with sifter $4, Item 287094 on Sephora wesbiste.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Gehwol Gerlavit Moor Vitamin Cream - Facial Care (75 ml / 2.6 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |