Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

White eyeliner to brighten eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I was reading in some beauty magazine about how makeup artists use a white or light color pencil to line the inner rim of the lower lid to "brighten up" the eye. Of course, I lost the magazine...which listed the names of several good pencils to use (one was by Stila).

Does anyone use this technique? If so, what kind of pencil do you use? It just sounded intriguing to me...

Thanks!
Mary Smile
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary H:

I've done this for years ... and I've always just used whatever eyeliner pencil I could find in either white or pale pink.

Not every line carries the white ... so I never bothered to look for a "brand" ... just the white liner. Laughing

You just apply it around the inner portion of the lower lid ...

HTH

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've also done this for ages. I used to use a light blue pencil made for this purpose - I think it was by Origins and the blue was supposed to make the whites of your eyes appear whiter. But the very very best IMO is the Baby Eyes enhancer by Paula Dorf. It's a pale flesh-colored pencil that looks very natural on - it doesn't "stand out" like the blue or white pencils do.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the feedback...much appreciated! Time to go pencil shopping now... Laughing

Mary
Mabsy

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have sort of done this on and off Smile "Sort of" because I use a pink pencil which I find looks more natural on me. BeneFit makes one that's called Eye Bright I think, but I have seen a few others around as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I like the white one in the cheapie line "Prestige" as it seems to last almost all day! I used to like a pale green one from Lancome "vert blanc" but I don't know that they make it anymore. It also is great on red rims if you have been crying...or just look tired! Prestige's white one though is just fantastic... lasts on better than the big name ones I have tried...definitely! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
A nude shade works best. White is too obvious and may appear to look like one is always surprised. I've tried both and nude shades are better like a light peach or beige.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
ditto to mabsy...benefits pink one is great, but always remember a little goes a very long way and blend or its scary lmao....I think the very white ones are great if your a tv host othewise scary. LightBlue eyeshadow on outer corners of eyes really wakes them up as well.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
this is true. Though I never put white eyeliner under my eyes, i never shade my lower lids with dark liner because i know it will close in the eye and make me look tired. Sometimes I'll dap some white eyeshadow at the inner corners of my eyes...brightens me up a lot:)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Benefit Bright Eyes is good. You can pick one up at Sephora.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use blue, and pink eye liner from Chanel.
Lara

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
What about that Anestasia stuff I've heard about on here? they have a nude in matte and shimmer.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Wow...even more info! Knowing myself, I will probably go out and get several pencils to try. I actually did buy a Prestige pencil this weekend in a white shade called "Star" (got it at the drugstore), so I'll give that a whirl. But I'm also intrigued by the pink, light blue and flesh colored options as well...so, Sephora, here I come! Laughing

Thanks again!

Mary
minivanmom
5% products discount

Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I do this too when I don't want to go for the "lined" eye look. I don't use white though, I use a nude or beige shade. Less chance of raccoon eyes too!!!

Donna
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the Benefit Eye Bright crayon recommendation. It's a lt. pink color, natural-looking and lasts a long time.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
The white eyeliner that u girls are talking about....is it the same as those eye shadow pencil? Can I use those eye shadow pencil to line my eyes? Or is that too thick? Shock
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi - Do any of you wear contact lenses? I've always wanted to try this white pencil trick but I didn't know if the pencil would rub off on the contact lense.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I wear contacts and I've never had a problem. I don't put the color too deep inside the eyelid - I just focus on the outer part of it if that makes sense. Also, I wear the gas perm lenses - don't know if it would be the same with soft lenses.
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Along the same line - I put pearly white eyeshadow right under my eyebrows (the outer 2/3, not the entire brow). It's subtle but really helps to "open up" the eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
i like to use nude shimmery pencil liner for just the inside corners of my eyes it really opens up your eyes

i find lining the whole underline of your eyes a bit too dramatic

i also highlight my brows with a pearl eyeshadow it brings out my brows really well

Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |