Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Model in a Bottle
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
This product is really good for making product stay on although there is a very slight sheen if you put too much on. It's been very good to me when I've had dinners to attend and I need makeup to stay on (especially on bad skin days.) It even works when my skin is oily.
www.modelinabottle.com

I'm not sure if there is anything harmful here but pls let me know if there is. According to the manufacturer, it won't clog pores.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Angelina,

If this product works for you, great. But, personally, I'd be hesitant to use anything that lists alcohol as the first ingredient. That would be too drying for my skin. I avoid anything with alcohol on my face. Gettin' older, dontcha know? And, over time, the constant drying of the skin from alcohol can lead to premature lines, wrinkles and fatty acid breakdown (causing loss of facial volume).

Also, a couple of the other ingredients look iffy to me. I won't go into detail. I'd suggest, though, that you look the ingredients up onwww.wikipedia.org and decide for yourself.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Angelina,

If this product works for you, great. But, personally, I'd be hesitant to use anything that lists alcohol as the first ingredient. That would be too drying for my skin. I avoid anything with alcohol on my face. Gettin' older, dontcha know? And, over time, the constant drying of the skin from alcohol can lead to premature lines, wrinkles and fatty acid breakdown (causing loss of facial volume).

Also, a couple of the other ingredients look iffy to me. I won't go into detail. I'd suggest, though, that you look the ingredients up onwww.wikipedia.org and decide for yourself.

Ari

I was thinking the exact same thing! Shock

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Shucks, I don't want any premature wrinkles or any of that bad stuff. That's too bad as this product worked really well. Thank you very much for letting me know. I'm a newbie so I'm still learning.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I hear this product is good, but yeah the alcohol Sad
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:
Shucks, I don't want any premature wrinkles or any of that bad stuff. That's too bad as this product worked really well. Thank you very much for letting me know. I'm a newbie so I'm still learning.

angelina-You should try the 100% Hydrosol-Rose Water fromwww.theartofshaving.com , Rose water has a astrigent effect on skin and it smells sooooo good, very relaxing. The mist is super fine and the bottle is so sleek. You can use it to set makeup, refresh hair/skin, cleanse and prime/tone. I use it all the time, I also REALLY like Burts Bees Carrot seed oil complexion mist for the same purposes. (Purified water, rose oil, sandalwood oil, patchouli oil, balsam peru, carrot seed oil, vetivert oil) Both great products.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I know this post is really old and alcohol as the first ingredient is a big put off BUT I am looking for something to use on special occassions to make my makeup last longer and reduce the shine or at least keep it at bay for longer so only anticipate using it 3-4 tims a year to minimise damage to skin etc. I was fascinated by what was shown and said about Modelinabottle on Oprah. Has anyone else used it? Dips
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I've used Model in a Bottle and absolutely love it! It's one product that truly does what it claims it will do--and that is, it keeps your makeup on, including eye makeup! It's a wonderful product, but I do keep it for special occasions, or for times when I know I won't be able to refresh my makeup for hours. I find it amazing how well it keeps my makeup from smearing, diminishing, disappearing! LOL.. I truly do love it!
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I could see using this on a special occasion (wedding, etc.. and needing makeup to stay put all day). I gather this is sort of like hair spray for your face?

I did makeup for community theater for several years and a product like this would come in handy for that. Stage lights, sweat and humidity can really do a number on stage makeup.

I have spritzed by face, following my MMU, with LUSH Eauroma Facial Toner or Burt's Bees Carrot Seed Oil Complexion Mist. I like both of those.
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lefemme, Thanks for your response.
Just a couple of questions for you or anyone else that has used Model in a Bottle:
1) Do you use the normal formula or sensitive formula?
2) Is it easily removed?
3) Has one bottle lasted a long time for you?
I am really keen to try it as I have a wedding to go to in a month and would really like my makeup to stay put. TIA
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Also question for Damblues, do your reccommendations set and keep makeup put?
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Dips

I am not sure how to answer that. I like how it looks with the spritz to "set" it. It just gives it that finished look and it does not look powdery. I am not certain it lasts any longer than if I did not spritz BUT I think it just looks better. My makeup, usually, lasts most of the day unless I sweat it off (not likely - work inside with a/c).

So I am not sure it sets it and helps it last any longer BUT I do like how it looks after I spritz. Sometimes I spritz during the day and it seems to "freshen" it up. Does that make any sense?

Deb
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I, too, use Model in a Bottle & there is a new formula for sensitive skin which is now my preferred product. The original Model in a Bottle made my skin feel very sticky - this new formulation does not do that, it is silky when spritzed on & it truly does set my makeup for the day. Because of the cost, I only use it when I know I have to be somewhere after work & won't have time to reapply or freshen my makeup-this really does the trick.
Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dips.. To answer your questions, I didn't know there was a "sensitive skin" version of Model In a Bottle so yes, I got the original. To answer your second question, yes the product does come off easily. I use the OCM cleansing method or Burt Bee's Orange Oil Essence cleanser and never had a problem. Now about how long it lasts--When I got the first bottle, I used it maybe ten times and then it fell on the bathroom floor and shattered so I really can't say how long a bottle would last as I just received my second bottle last week. As I mentioned, I did use the original bottle about ten times before it broke, and it didn't look like I used it at all. I must caution you to be very careful not to let the bottle drop on a hard floor as it is clear glass. When this second bottle is gone, I will definitely reorder!! HTH (also, glad to know there is a new, silkier version of MIAB. I'm going to order that one next time.)
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your responses - much appreciated. I am sold and will order this week! Can't wait to try it! Of course not promoting alcohol spritzing our faces. Wink
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I wish this was fragrance free, I'd really like to try it. Both the regular and sensitive seem to have scent. Sad I remember when Oprah's makeup artist recommended this on her show and I was interested then, now I've developed this problem with fragrance, isn't perimenopause grand!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
I wish this was fragrance free, I'd really like to try it. Both the regular and sensitive seem to have scent. Sad I remember when Oprah's makeup artist recommended this on her show and I was interested then, now I've developed this problem with fragrance, isn't perimenopause grand!

Hi guys, Well I received my model in a bottle makeup setter - ordered the eyebrow sealer as well. I tried the Model in a Bottle this morning and WOW - instant mattifier. I LOVE IT!!!! Will update how it looks at the end of the day. I have quite oily skin and so far no shine coming through and it is midday here in NZ.
Think I sprayed a bit too close though as ended up with a few 'drops' on my face but otherwise quite easy to spritz. Going to restrict to using it only when I have a big night out due to the ingredients.
CrazyForClooney - I ordered the sensitive formula and on the bottle it says "Our sensitive formula is now fragrance free" I have a cold at the moment so I couldn't detect any hints of scent if there were any - just thought I would let you know.
Also how many pumps do you guys use for your face (1-3) more?
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
So by the end of the day my makeup looked perfect. Including my eye makeup. I love this stuff. Didn't need retouching at all - although might be a different case in summer. Also my cold cleared up and yes there is a scent which does dissipate quickly but not totally fragrance free like it says on the box.
ALSO question for users of MIAB. Do you shake bottle well before applying? Any tips to get a good mist going? My second time felt a bit like a water squirt gun. Ended up with too much on one cheek.
Cheers Dips
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Does the sensitive formula contain alcohol?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |