Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark Circles-Miracle
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I though I would wait a few more weeks to talk about this but I can't believe how well haloxyl works. After a week and a half the hyperpigmentation that I got from a hydrocortisone cream (and had fro months) was gone and I've seen significant lightening in somewhat over 2 weeks.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sharky~ just wondering what product you are using? There is a company called Beyond(www.beyondcream.com) that uses haloxyl in their eye cream. Plus a lot of other ingredients I like. I've never ordered....(maybe someday Wink

I know you can also get it on the personal formulator. If so, what do you mix it with?

Thankx!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Ok, that is apparently NOT the right web addy Rolling Eyes (shocker). It is "Beyond" though, if you are interested in checking out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I got the Haloxyl from the Personal Formulator WEB site. I just use a bit of prep cream to help absorption (either an eye cream or a linoleic acid/ethanol mix) and then daB the Haloxyl on top. It must be absorbing because the results have been pretty dramatic. I more recently got the PSF O2 rescue serum and have been using that first too.

I've tried several products with kojic acid with little results.
I also stopped using hydroquinone because I got bad hyperpigmentation from that. I always use suntan lotion but I still got dark spots.

I did not expect results for weeks because some of the ingredients in this thicken skin so take many weeks but it reaaly is working sooner.

INCI: Water(Aqua), Glycerin, Steareth-20, Hydroxysuccinimide, Chyrsin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (and) Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3

Chrysin stimulates the enzyme (UGT1A1) leading to the clearance of bilirubin. N-Hydroxysuccinimide make the iron soluble, allowing it to be eliminated.

This is what they say about some of the lesser known ingredients.

I suppose it depends on why you have dark circles whether this will work for you.
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Super Vitamin K is also very good at eliminatng dark circles under the eyes and also helps with those small broken blood vessels on the cheeks which can create a ruddy look.
You can find it at most bigger department stores like Wal-Mart and it is very affordable.
Of course, I've found that nothing works on dark circles if it is a result of lack of sleep! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I've used Super K in the past and not seen much difference. I suppose it depends on where the darkness comes from. this is the first product I've used where I can see a difference after a reasonably short period of time. It also has some long term ingredients so I expect it will continue to give improvement.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if this would work on other areas besides under the eyes. I have an elbow that ended up a bit darker after taking some medicine, and nothing has lightened it back to normal..what do yall think Confused would this help!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have just started to put it on a scar that is dark (just for 2 days). I'll let you know if it helps.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sharky can't wait to hear the feedback...goood luck
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya sharky Smile I've had some success with a Vit K serum on my dark circles, but they are not completely gone. They probably will never be gone coz they're due to heredity and bad sleep habits Sad But I'm always up for trying promising products. What is the cause of your dark circles?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I had several problems. I've had circles ever since I was a teen but my parents do not. Maybe allergies are a part of it? I also had hyperpigmentation from using hydroquinone and some age spots. The hyperpigmentation and age spots are now completely gone (after about 3 week use). There is also a noticible overall lightening. I am suntanned (because even though I use lotion I live on the beach)I've only put the haloxyl under my eyes and now that area looks white compared to my tanned check.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:02 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I had several problems. I've had circles ever since I was a teen but my parents do not. Maybe allergies are a part of it? I also had hyperpigmentation from using hydroquinone and some age spots. The hyperpigmentation and age spots are now completely gone (after about 3 week use). There is also a noticible overall lightening. I am suntanned (because even though I use lotion I live on the beach)I've only put the haloxyl under my eyes and now that area looks white compared to my tanned check.

So, this is actually lightening the tan off your skin??

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Shock wow lightening your tan, ok where is everyone getting this maybe it will work on my funky elbow afterall. I've been putting a vit C serum on it and it is actually making a difference, I wonder if vit c under the eyes would help too, I can't try that for yall since i dont have darkness there.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I think vit C should lessen age spots. I know when I started to use it my complexion evened out.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks sharky Smile for the info. How is the texture? I have very dry undereyes, would I have to layer moisture over it? Also, did you experience any irritation of the eyes? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:05 am      Reply with quote
The texture is like glycerine. It is not drying although I used PSF O2 rescue serum underneath (watery) and various eye creams or Emu oil on top. I did not have any reaction to it and I am prone to allergic reactions.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like a must-try sharky, thanks Smile I have a sample of the PSF O2 and some HA on hand so I guess I'll be ready to deal with it even if it turns out to be drying for me. Gosh, I find so many new things to try on this forum my list is growing by the minute! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I am not getting it Embarassed

Did you have hereditary dark circles or dark circles because of sun-tanning?

Medusa
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have hereditary dark circles. I had one laser treatment which lightened them and then used a hydroquinone product. This was a big mistake. I ended up with dark hyperpigmentation patches under my eyes. Nothing worked to remove them and I had the for over 6 months. The haloxyl worked extremely well on this hyperpigmentation. Iy is now almost completely gone. It also has produced some overall lightening and I am continuing to use it as it has Maxtrixyl which thickens skin. I should say that most recently I have been using O2 Rescue serum underneath the Haloxyl. This helps penetration
but may also provide other benefits. Overall I am very pleased. I do not know how fast it would work alone for dark hereditary circles but The Personal Formulator claims with 22 subjects 60% lightening was noted in 56 days.
This is consistent with what I've seen overall. The hyperpigmentation reduction was more dramatic.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:32 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I've used Super K in the past and not seen much difference.
I mentioned the possibility of taking Vit-K orally as a dark circle-buster last winter, and someone shot me down because apparently too much Vit-K can be a blood thinner or something? If it's true, one should probably investigate the possible interactions to one's current med problems or Rx medications rather than blindly jumping in with both feet....

Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I mentioned the possibility of taking Vit-K orally as a dark circle-buster last winter, and someone shot me down because apparently too much Vit-K can be a blood thinner or something?

That may or may not have been me - if it was me then I hope it didn't come across as you just described it Embarassed

Vitamin K helps blood clot - I know this because multiple injections of this averted me needing a blood transfusion a few years back. Seeing as it can stop severe blood loss by helping the blood clot, I see it as something that is potentially dangerous if taken for the wrong reasons. I am not a doctor (of the medical kind) so I don't know if excess vitamin K can cause unwanted clotting (say in someone predisposed to DVT) - it may or it may not, but I do know that our blood cannot clot without vitamin K. I was told not to take vit K supplements however (though I didn't question why).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I've never taken K orally. I used vita K eye gel but it did not seem to do much.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
If you put this all over the face would it lighten and even out the skin tone? Is it safe to do this? I just did a search and found a lip cream for the upper lip area that has this in it...so maybe it can be used on the entire face, although I didnt see any face creams. Anyway any thoughts on this?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Why don't you try Re vive eye cream for dark circles. His stuff has been proven to work!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I could not find the ingredients for
Re vive. It claims to have IGF but
I have read articles saying what people claim about IGF on skin is not true. Also it is many times more expensive than what I am using and what really works. I had such dark hyperpigmentation and it is now gone.
Why should I pay 4 times as much on something where they don't even list ingredients?!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |