Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Travel woes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

It's that time of year again where some of us will be taking a plane to some faraway land for some very productive relaxing! However, every time I go on vacation, my skin FREAKS out from the rapid change in humidity, temperature, diet, etc. What can you wonderful people suggest to keep skin nice and health while traveling? As well, what do you suggest to do on the plane to keep the skin moist, rather than have all the moisture sucked out of it from the recycled air in the plane?

I'm trying to look for some nice blemish-friendly face wipes / towelettes to bring on the plane so I can wipe down during my long 16 hour plane ride. Suggestions would be wonderful!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
You might consider a moisturiser designed for weather protection or which contains occlusive ingredients that are known to boost hydration levels (eg.lanolin). Very hygroscopic humectants (eg. regular hyaluronic acid) can sit on the surface and draw water from your skin so you might wish to avoid these. You can probably get away with layering aloe vera gel under a rich face cream, and this might be useful for calming and healing during your whole vacation.

IMO using face wipes suited to those with acne are likely to contain drying or irritant ingredients, at a time when you want to be soothing and hydrating. Adding in a new cleanser AND a new mosituriser when you know your skin responds poorly to change could be risky.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks firefox, but I probably won't be adding a new moisturizer on. Was mostly just looking for a wipe on the plane to use because my face can get quite oily on the plane since it's so dry up there... my seb. glands just go into overdrive. I was also hoping for some diet tips that may be more hydrating for the skin
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I dont have a wipes suggestion but have you considered a thermal water? La Roche Posay makes a nice that I like.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't found a brand of facial wipes with a decent ingredient list yet. You may want to stop by a health food store and see what you can find in their personal care isle. Have about a hydrosol? I've been used the basil one from GOW, and it's nice (smells strong, though). It's good for acne.

Also, keep your hair up so you don't get hotter and sweat more. Stay in the shade during peak sun hours. Last time I went to Cuba, I found that the ocean water caused my face to detox a little.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I slap Egyptian Magic over my face on the plane. On my trip back from Europe I gave some to the woman sitting next to me to try - she was instantly hooked too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Thanks firefox, but I probably won't be adding a new moisturizer on. Was mostly just looking for a wipe on the plane to use because my face can get quite oily on the plane since it's so dry up there... my seb. glands just go into overdrive. I was also hoping for some diet tips that may be more hydrating for the skin

Your skin is showing you what it needs, topical fatty acids. Wiping that protection away seems illogical? Diet-wise fruit and veg will best hydrate your skin, but that is impractical with airplane food and strict import regulations.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:

Your skin is showing you what it needs, topical fatty acids. Wiping that protection away seems illogical? Diet-wise fruit and veg will best hydrate your skin, but that is impractical with airplane food and strict import regulations.

Watermelon, Melon, Honeydew,Papaya etc. Those kind of fruits you want to eat day before your trip to keep moisture in.

Also don't forget about double dose of vitamin C to boost your immunity few days before and few days after the trip.

Have a good one Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I get so grossed out by the recycled air and dirty surfaces on flights... I wish they'd provide some kind of space suit we could travel in! Even the tap water's flat, dead and disgusting.

I agree, load up on fruits, veggies & water in the days before your flight. It'll be way more effective than during the flight since by then it'll be too late - your body won't absorb it, it'll mostly just pass it.

And popular notion is to "clean" ourselves of oil, which leads to a vicious cycle, so I'd recommend blotting papers if you can't stand the oil slick (blot, don't wipe), but otherwise don't risk irritating your skin & perpetuating the oil production. It really is protecting you from the bad/dry air and germies. In fact I'd go so far as to add an extra heavy layer of whatever moisturizer or similar topical my skin likes to protect it before boarding (so yeah, ditto on all Firefox's posts).

I carry lavendar & orange/tangerine essential oils with me, or put a few drops on a tissue and sniff them throughout the flight. It both sooths my sinuses, and keeps me alert & cheery, but relaxed. Don't forget lip balm. I remember someone saying she moisturizes/oils the INSIDE of her nose, which sounds gross, but makes a lot of sense. I think if your mucous membranes are irritated it freaks out your whole body, i.e. your skin.

And **DO NOT** forget your sunscreen up there! Way closer to the sun = way more damaging and you can't rely on other passengers to put their shades down.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
talihahendrick
5% products discount

Mon Oct 14, 2024 3:07 am      Reply with quote
To keep your skin healthy while traveling and during a long flight, drink plenty of water and use a rich moisturizer or hydrating serum before your flight. If you’re also wondering is eDreams reliable, on the plane, bring a travel-sized facial mist, apply a heavier moisturizer, and use a small amount of facial oil. For blemish-friendly face wipes, consider Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Wipes, Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, or Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes. Avoid heavy makeup and pack healthy snacks to help maintain your skin and overall health during your trip!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 25, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |